New Screen

Thread: New Screen

New Screen

Having a new bike and being around F6b‘s help me decide my new screen. See on the F6b having a baggershield gave me good looks around town, and on long runs I could flip up the second piece stay dry. However, it’s a new game with the 2020 Goldwing. We have adjustable screen. So I decided to give F4 my first try, since they are in state a quick call for an appoint . The drive was 1.5 hours. I pulled up and was greeted by some wonderful people. Half hour later my new tinted 20” Was gleaming in the sun for the trip home.

So how did I decide on the 20”? I thought all along I was going to get the 16”, but the whole way down I noticed my comfy zone had stock screen all the way up! I’m not a tall person, 5’7”, but I sit tall. My eyes are usually several inches over stock screen. So I opted for the 20” wide.

The entire trip home was like smooth, no buffing winds, less wind on my shoulders. Then I realized I hadn’t raised it from fully down after raising it a couple of inches it got nice a quiet. I actually lowered my headset speaker. So I’ll give it a go, hopefully I never change it.

Here a pic, cuz I know a post is worthless without a pic.

32436C7E-C3AB-46C7-B533-2E40DD1A135D.jpeg.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Really nice to have electronic adjustment for the screen. I am always flipping my Baggershield down trying to get some air in town and up again on the expressways.
    Just ordered a Mad----- to try something different. Already 3 shields besides the stock. Probably a few on here have more than me.

I like the ------- almost always good and look completely over

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Installed the Mad------ last week. Pretty impressed with the 13" shield. It eliminates the really strong winds that come from over the screen. I still get air in my face but it is like standing in front of a fan on low speed. A really gentle flow of air in the full down position.
    Will play with the settings as the weather changes.
    Also, there was a manufacturing issue with the clear screen (faint ghosting when in sunlight). Emailed a pic to their website and received a response that said keep the one I have and they will send a new one.
    Really easy to deal with and prompt.