Cool tire pump
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool tire pump

Cool tire pump

Hey I found this air pump. Works good and doesn’t need power from the bike. https://www.amazon.com/Compressor-In.../dp/B082NLKLMJ

That seems to be something worth thinking about. If I read the specifications right it will take up less room than the 12 volt pump I currently carry. It also looks to have enough battery to inflate several tires.

thanks for the find
    Az Wingrider

That looks interesting. Lithium-ion batteries have revolutionized power tools. I rarely use any AC powered tools anymore. I'd be curious to see how well it handles filling a tire as large as the rear on our bikes, because 2000 mAh is much smaller than a typical smartphone battery.
    Last edited by F6Dave; 08-29-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Hey I found this air pump. Works good and doesn’t need power from the bike. https://www.amazon.com/Compressor-In.../dp/B082NLKLMJ
    You've now hexed the No Frills Rally. Someone will get a flat...

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    You've now hexed the No Frills Rally. Someone will get a flat...
    I just put a fresh stone on the front. Probably be me.

I ordered one of these after your first post and after it arrived I tested it on a completely deflated car tire. I set the pump for 40 psi, attached it to valve on the tire, turned it on and watched it work. It inflated the tire in a few minutes then shut off. I checked the tire pressure with a digital gauge I normally use and the pressure was within one pound. For $40.00 I think it is a great bargain. I am leaving my 12 volt pump at home when I leave for Colorado. Thanks Chris for the heads up.

Az Wingrider

Glad you like it! Wait till you see my cyclechiller. Like A/C for the bike. And they are not 700 bucks anymore. Awesome piece of kit for the heat.

Just bought mine. My question is how to strap it down in the saddlebag to keep it in one piece till I need it? Already use the hold down strap in the left bag to hold a tool kit and the owners manual.

I ordered the air pump. Thanks for the posting. Looks like a winner! The cooling vest s very interesting especially down here on swampy hot Treasure Coast. Temp and humidity can both be very close to each other so this type of cooling should work well. I have a vest with pockets for four ice packs that works too well. This circulating cold water that you can control seems like a better solution, other than the ice chest and pump assembly...but to stay comfortable and avoid heat stroke it’s a small inconvenience I would think... Gotta think about this one before ordering...cooler or backpack??? Hmmm....

I just bought one almost the same, except the one I bought also is a battery jump starter, I have another portable air pump, but it plugs into the lighter, and it blows a fuse on every bike Ive plugged it into.....so I bought the other with the added jump pack