License Plate Frame ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: License Plate Frame ideas?

License Plate Frame ideas?

I hope I didn't miss a thread on this, I did try searching several different terms on the Forum and it seems like this hasn't been directly addressed; closest things I've seen is rear lighting, reflector billet replacements, etc.

Would like to know what unique ways any of you have framed your license plate, with pics if possible?

My dealer put a crappy plastic frame around my temp license and stuck my inspection sticker on it. I hate it and want to replace it with something cool -- but probably not the chromish stuff that most accessory dealers have.

-->Russ

Ok he's done

Hambly does excellent work and will customize the product to your specks plus you approve the final product before it is shipped. I highly recommend him.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Mine is chrome of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Mine is chrome of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is chrome too...dang it...but mine has to be earned....

http://www.ibaestore.com/products.as...&CategoryID=9&

I have one of those also.... but I was smart enough to only have one.......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I've seen a few folks with a 26.2 decal in their rear window,,, ,,,cool,,,

Saw one the other day that read 0.1 THATS my style!!!

Plate frame? Nothing fancy for me.

Black: http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/.../7805-1417.htm
    Chrome: http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/.../7805-1416.htm

Pretty thick material, not the dime-store thin-tin stuff. Wife had the chrome one on her Yami before. Very durable.

I had an 'artsy' skull-themed water-jet cut + polished stainless frame on my Yami,,, Some sharp pointed edges, snagged clothes, towels, skin,,,, K.I.S.S.

With the 6's, our TX inspection sticker's are on something like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271254362438?lpid=82

I actually purchased 'plain aluminum finish' versions locally, bent them upward so the tag will display parallel with the 'fender' below the plate, then hit 'em with some black rattle can I had laying around. Sticker is EZ enuff for LEO's to see, and still not sticking out like a sore thumb,,,

I have heard TX is getting a little more strict w/'properly displaying' the Insp. sticker. Used to be pretty lax,,,' Visible from behind',,, Folks would hang 'em in different locations all over the bike. Now it's something like next to plate, visible from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Mine is chrome too...dang it...but mine has to be earned...as it cannot be bought by just anyone.

http://www.ibaestore.com/products.as...&CategoryID=9&

Miles,
    I can't do 1500 mi / 24 hrs even in a four-wheeled vehicle anymore since I gave up tobacco couple years back! Much respect for ye of ferrous buttocks, but I'll have to look elsewhere for a license bracket
    Also, glad to have you back safe and sane from surgery. I'm new but dug up the lightning story. Absolutely amazing!

-->Russ

I just got mine in the mail.

Attachment 3334

Custom Plate Frames

Austin,
    Here's a few pics for you.
    These are the blanks that I currently make. Both are 1/4 billet aluminum that I blank up then send out for Black anodize after that it's up to you on what you would want on it.
    Send me a pic or give me an idea of what you want on it then I will draw it up and send you a pic of the computer rendering before I engrave it.

Sorry I don't have a website to view any my parts. This is something I just do on the side on some equipment I have at the house.
    I will try to get a Lic. Plate Frame album started to view some more of the custom ideas other members have come up with.