Ultimate seat vs. Mustang seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate seat vs. Mustang seat

Ultimate seat vs. Mustang seat

Just wondering how many people have gone from the Mustang to the Ultimate, and which Ultimate, mid rider or king ?
    I currently have the Mustang. I like the riding position and the vertical support, but it's pretty firm and I don't have much
    natural padding. I put on a sheepskin covered gel pad and that helped a lot. It got me to wondering if the Ultimate would be
    a better seat for me. Next question: mid rider or king ? I'm only 5'8", but I put the MBL bar riser/pull backs on and since the
    Mustang sat me back a little farther than the stock seat, I'm thinking maybe the king would sit me in about the same location ?
    I know seats are a lot like tires and oil, everyone has their own opinion, but I would greatly appreciate some input.
    Thanks, Brett

I'm the same height as you are and I'm using the Ultimate King Rider because I'm no lightweight. I also have the same risers that you do. The seat will sit you back just a little and with the risers the reach to the grips is about the same as with a stock seat and bar placement. The King Rider will sit you a little higher than the stock seat even though they say it is the same. I think it's because the padding is firmer on the Ultimate and doesn't compress as much as the OEM seat. All in all, I'm happy with my set up. If I want both feet down at a stop I'm on the balls of my feet and not flatfooted. Of course with my short inseam I've never had a bike that I could flatfoot with both feet. In over 60 yrs. of riding, I have just learned to stop with my left foot down and the right one on the brake.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    One minor COVID-19 issue...

Ultimate Seats production plant is in Canada, Steve 0080 mentioned to us during the Rally that Ultimate was having problems getting inventory because the Canadian border is closed. Not sure if things have changed in the past few days.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    One minor COVID-19 issue...

Ultimate Seats production plant is in Canada, Steve 0080 mentioned to us during the Rally that Ultimate was having problems getting inventory because the Canadian border is closed. Not sure if things have changed in the past few days.
    Doesn't Ultimate also have facilities in Daytona Beach, or is that just a retail store?

You are correct. They build them there. That’s where mine was built.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Doesn't Ultimate also have facilities in Daytona Beach, or is that just a retail store?

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post

I have personally walked through this location, It was and is currently a Retail location. All of their USA customers receive seats from this location once they arrive from their Canadian production factory. That is what Les the owner of Ultimate explained to me when he personally gave me a tour of his Retail Store a few years ago. The back is just a warehouse for inventory, apparently it is currently empty from what Steve stated. If they started manufacturing out of their retail location, that is news to me. There were no materials, no sewing machines nor supplies for manufacturing when Les gave me the tour.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    You are correct. They build them there. That’s where mine was built.
    When did you purchase your seat? When did they start manufacturing from their Daytona Beach retail store?

I had a Mustang for a couple years but found I was reaching for the bars and sitting a little lower than what my body liked. Sold it and purchased an Ultimate mid rider with backrest and it fits me perfectly. I do have Heli-Bars for my neck/reach issues. 6 ft tall by the way.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Love my mustang seat

Surpiseing how just an inch in reach one way or another can make a difference.