Ultimate seat vs. Mustang seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate seat vs. Mustang seat

I realize this isn't part of the original query, but since there are possible logistical issues, I thought I'd mention that Russell Day Long is in the states, and I love mine. They make it to your dimensions and will do two adjustments after for fitment. Their customer service is amazing and the seat lives up to its name.

Jason

I found the biggest improvement was the driver backrest. I have the Ultimate King, but I imagine a backrest on the stock seat would have been ok.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    I found the biggest improvement was the driver backrest. I have the Ultimate King, but I imagine a backrest on the stock seat would have been ok.
    Plus 1 to Switchmonkey. I NEED a backrest on a seat more than anything else! I added the Show Chrome to the stock seat and it was ok. Changed to a used Ultimate King with a driver backrest and like it MUCH better. The Mustang didn't have the higher support I saw on the Ultimate.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by rsbrett View Post
    Just wondering how many people have gone from the Mustang to the Ultimate, and which Ultimate, mid rider or king ?
    I currently have the Mustang. I like the riding position and the vertical support, but it's pretty firm and I don't have much
    natural padding. I put on a sheepskin covered gel pad and that helped a lot. It got me to wondering if the Ultimate would be
    a better seat for me. Next question: mid rider or king ? I'm only 5'8", but I put the MBL bar riser/pull backs on and since the
    Mustang sat me back a little farther than the stock seat, I'm thinking maybe the king would sit me in about the same location ?
    I know seats are a lot like tires and oil, everyone has their own opinion, but I would greatly appreciate some input.
    Thanks, Brett

Well did you make the switch I did. I purchased my F6B exactly 1yr ago with a Mustange seat. Bike had 8k on the clock, now 13k. I'm not much on the padding on my back side either so the Mustange was really bothering me after just 100 miles in a ride. 5'11 - 180. I just found an Ultimate King that was only 1year old and not used much from Mike, a rider in TN. He ordered a RDL. I bought w/ shipping for $500. I rode to S GA (Hahira) and back Milton, FL this past weekend and loved the seat, Great ride I might add. I have the same seat on my Valkyrie and figured I would like this on my F6B. I'm loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I realize this isn't part of the original query, but since there are possible logistical issues, I thought I'd mention that Russell Day Long is in the states, and I love mine. They make it to your dimensions and will do two adjustments after for fitment. Their customer service is amazing and the seat lives up to its name.

Jason
    +1 on the RDL, truly remarkable saddle. Iron Butt is easy on one of those babies

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Well did you make the switch I did. I purchased my F6B exactly 1yr ago with a Mustange seat. Bike had 8k on the clock, now 13k. I'm not much on the padding on my back side either so the Mustange was really bothering me after just 100 miles in a ride. 5'11 - 180. I just found an Ultimate King that was only 1year old and not used much from Mike, a rider in TN. He ordered a RDL. I bought w/ shipping for $500. I rode to S GA (Hahira) and back Milton, FL this past weekend and loved the seat, Great ride I might add. I have the same seat on my Valkyrie and figured I would like this on my F6B. I'm loving life.
    I'm going to send my oem seat to Seth Laam custom seats to have him build me a custom seat. Build date is March 15, should have it back a week later. I'll let you know how that works out. If it's still not what I want, then the Ultimate seat is definetly my next choice to try. Either way I'll have a really nice Mustang seat for sale.