Longer Antenna 13" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longer Antenna 13"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    Thanks again for the photos. It looks pretty good to me.

Does it come apart (unscrew) somewhere along the shaft?
    No, it does not come apart. It is kinda like half a rabbit ear antenna. I still don't know what that slider part is for. I keep it down all the way to limit stress from the wind.
    Albuquerque, NM

Got my "EBay" antenna this weekend. The "slider part" serves no propose. It's just plastic. Maybe the antenna is manufactured for different models and another model uses the piece. I used diagonal wire cutters to cut it lengthwise. Then carefully pulled it off the antenna. It's two pieces, glued together just above the thin metal ring and easy to separate for cutting.

It works better than stock and as good as the 17" aftermarket I bought from AutoZone. I like that it can telescoped down to a shorter length and it looks a little bit cleaner.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Okay guys, I tried another antenna. This one actually makes a difference. It is an adjustable 12" - 19" antenna. I'm not sure if it was better in the 12" position, but is is definitely better in the 19" position. It is not flexible, and does not come with the needed 5mm adapter. I used the one from the first antenna.

That cone shaped part right above the ribbed area is adjustable too. It will slide up and down on the antenna. Is that for fine tuning?
    Anyway, here are some pics. Short, long and close up.

Attachment 7758

Attachment 7759

Attachment 7760

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-...72.m2749.l2649

Hey,
    I went to this attachment and don't see the antenna you describe listed. It must be discontinued? I need to get a new antenna and came across this post. How is it still working out for you? Thx.

I must be doing something wrong. My stock antenna has always been just fine. I can receive more stations than I have presets for, both AM & FM.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. My stock antenna has always been just fine. I can receive more stations than I have presets for, both AM & FM.
    No i get my stations not well but my antenna actually broke or kinda dry rotted.

Truthfully, I don't ever think I've tuned in to a radio station on my F6B. Always am listening to my own music on my iPod, on the connector in the left saddlebag.

I also have a CD player in my 2018 Tacoma. I don't even know if that works. I've never stuck a CD in it.
    Last edited by willtill; 10-07-2022 at 05:51 PM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Hey,
    I went to this attachment and don't see the antenna you describe listed. It must be discontinued? I need to get a new antenna and came across this post. How is it still working out for you? Thx.
    I went back to the stock antenna only because it's more bendable and forgiving to the items I strap onto my luggage rack. I rarely listen to the radio since I've got so much music on my USB drive, and the volume of the radio is lower than AUX is.

You can check your local auto parts store and get an aftermarket one.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I went back to the stock antenna only because it's more bendable and forgiving to the items I strap onto my luggage rack. I rarely listen to the radio since I've got so much music on my USB drive, and the volume of the radio is lower than AUX is.

You can check your local auto parts store and get an aftermarket one.

Thanks Steve, I ended up order a 13" flex similar to stock. I agree with you and Will about not listening to the radio. I've got my music on a couple different I-pods but for traffic or weather or if it's a Saturday during football season I'll have the game on.