rear darkside tire

Thread: rear darkside tire

rear darkside tire

I have a 2013 f6b and the previous owner had a 195/55r16 tire on the rear, I came from a 2000 Valkyrie Interstate with a dark side tire, so when I needed a new rear tire I stayed dark side and the same size tire.
    My question is would a 195/60 or 65 tire work on the rear, the bike sits low and even lower with my fat butt sitting on it. Also would that affect the speedometer ? I know the Valkyrie keeps speed from the front wheel, is the f6b the same?
    Thanks in advance for any replies
    Big Rick

Play with this online calculator. It will compare current and new tire sizes

https://tire-calc.com/#

I did an example of what I'm currently running for Darkside, comparing it to a tire size you are inquiring about:

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Very cool calculator!

That site doesn't show my tire width! I can't believe I never noticed this before. Car/truck tires all have widths ending in 5, while motorcycle tire widths all end in 0.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    That site doesn't show my tire width! I can't believe I never noticed this before. Car/truck tires all have widths ending in 5, while motorcycle tire widths all end in 0.
    This is true. It seems to be predominantly a car/truck tire calculator, but you can still plug in numbers for the Darksides that we use.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

so you run a 195/65 tire? is that closer to the original tire ? and would a 205 fit on our bikes without rubbing anything ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post
    so you run a 195/65 tire? is that closer to the original tire ? and would a 205 fit on our bikes without rubbing anything ?
    Yes, I run a 195/55R16, I just inputted one of your questioned tire sizes in my screenshot comparing it to what I currently have.

I don't think you are going to be able to fit a 205 up in the wheel well. It's going to be too wide. Below is a picture of my wheel well with a 195/55R16

Go to the link below and look at Bob109's post #2 in it.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...the-Darksiders
    Last edited by willtill; 10-11-2020 at 02:49 PM.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

There's a sticky on the Garage Board that links to a tire calculator that I believe you can input any tire size no matter what the last number is(5 or 0)