Clutch Reservoir EMPTY!!

Thread: Clutch Reservoir EMPTY!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How many miles on scoot?
    Cutch wear?....as the clutch wears the clutch's slave cylinder's piston mover farther out thus needing more of the hydraulic fluid to fill the space. You can have the same situation on the brakes as they wear and the caliper piston move out... more fluid is needed to take up the space.
    Fill the reservoir and watch the level to make sure it is not going out like a leak somewhere. I believe it is also possible for the clutch slave cylinder fluid to leak into the engine so you might not see any fluid dripping.
    Please let us know what you find.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    How many miles on scoot?
    Cutch wear?....as the clutch wears the clutch's slave cylinder's piston mover farther out thus needing more of the hydraulic fluid to fill the space. You can have the same situation on the brakes as they wear and the caliper piston move out... more fluid is needed to take up the space.
    Fill the reservoir and watch the level to make sure it is not going out like a leak somewhere. I believe it is also possible for the clutch slave cylinder fluid to leak into the engine so you might not see any fluid dripping.
    Please let us know what you find.
    I've got 48k on the bike. This was not a gradual thing. Just had it out a few days before and usually ride at least once a week. Sometimes more often. I recall on my Valk when the bushing in the lever went bad but that was noticeably over a period of time. This happened suddenly. From operating normal to 'what the heck'. I've been reading a lot since this began and it would appear to be the slave cylinder. Talked to Honda and they are ordering a new slave and will have me bring bike in for closer examination upon arrival. . . Because, if it is the slave it is under my extended warranty.
    I'm hopeful.