Are Viking luggage any good?

Thread: Are Viking luggage any good?

Are Viking luggage any good?

I have been looking for some low price saddlebags on internet and Viking really caught my attention.
    I want to know if they are any good in terms of reliability and price to value ratio?
    https://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycl...saddlebags.htm

What kind of bike do you have?

Wait...you need saddle bags for a GoldWing???

After using your link I was reminded of the Valkyrie!

IMHO, with Viking you get what you pay for or, GOOD "Price to Value ratio". I had a set of "Pleather" bags on a Honda VTX 1300 R that held up well even with constants use. You may need to do a little modification here and there to make them fit. After drilling the mounting holes in the bags I added some metal plates for more support where the inside wall of the bags sit next to the mounting rail.
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 11-20-2020 at 09:49 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    Wait...you need saddle bags for a GoldWing???

After using your link I was reminded of the Valkyrie!

IMHO, with Viking you get what you pay for or, GOOD "Price to Value ratio". I had a set of "Pleather" bags on a Honda VTX 1300 R that held up well even with constants use. You may need to do a little modification here and there to make them fit. After drilling the mounting holes in the bags I added some metal plates for more support where the inside wall of the bags sit next to the mounting rail.
    That has been my experience too with aftermarket bags. Normally you have to follow up with a bit more engineering to make them work well.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

One of my sons has had a set of hardbags on his 2015 Shadow Phatom. No issues he has told me about and they have traveled about 13k on the bike...they have held up pretty darn good.

I've had a few different Viking Bags over the years on my previous VTXs. IMHO, at least, you get what you pay for.

The bags aren't the most expensive on the market, the quality isn't the highest and you may (as willtill posted) need to "engineer" some things to fit...BUT all my Viking bags held up over years of usage. They kept their shape and color well also.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I had these Viking bags on my Rocket III, There was really know way for me to mount them in the traditional sense, so I had to fabricate longer bolts, VERY large washers and hollow steel sleeved (for the bolts) to affix them to my rear fender side brace. I also had to reinforce the flap hinges with metal plate and screw rivets. It came out very well, better than the original construction.

I looked all over the web for bags to compliment my Rocket. Viking was the best to be found.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537