Luck Finally Ran Out!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luck Finally Ran Out!!

I was rear ended in April of 2019. Couldn't believe how well the crash bars protect the bike as it slid down the road with me hanging on.
    Dealer estimated $8800.00 to repair. Bike is a 2013 Deluxe and had 24000 miles on the clock.
    State Farm wanted it totaled and offered me $12,500.00 (incl accessories). I wanted the bike fixed since the only damage was the left rear saddlebag and lid and crash bars scratched up. No frame or mechanical damage.
    I found a small garage that specializes in custom car painting that did the repairs for $4,000.00 complete. State Farm agreed paid it and I couldn't be happier.
    My bike was bought new and I couldn't get a new bike for anywhere near their offer.
    My bike now has 35,000 miles and I am glad I kept it.
    Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    Glad to hear you are ok.

Please, if you could post as your claim moves along. I was rear ended and thrown off my B a little while back. I have Allstate as well and around the same mileage you have. I however do NOT want them to total my bike. Damage is mostly to the plastic and crash bars. I know it can add up but if I can steer repairs in order to keep it, that would be my preference. This bike and I have a relationship that I am not ready to let go.

Sorry to hijack your thread....

A pic of the young girl who tried to kill me. Phone still in-hand. Ride safe, everyone.
    Not a hijack, same type of problem. I don't care if they total mine or not. Both crash bars, front and rear are toast on the left side. Nose plastic including the lights are toast. Front fender is gone and one side cover (black one over the coolant dipstick) is gone. Not sure where it went. My concern will be the front forks. I just had them rebuilt, new fluid and a new steering head bearing in May of this year. They old girl handled like she did when I got her. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with the adjuster and then about 45 minutes with the service manager concerning what I would like. The adjuster asked me what I felt about it. I said if it gets fixed I want those front end parts examined thoroughly. He agreed. The service manager did not think it was totaled, however if it is they don't make much money.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my well being. I'm still pretty sore and the road rash is a pain in the a$$. It could have been worse. Won't decide on what to do about a bike until I find out what they are doing with the 6.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.

I went down on mine a couple years ago. It's a 15 Deluxe with 30ishK when it happened. 14k in damage State Farm did not total it.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

Progressive is not going to total the 6. 7K in repairs. The adjuster said it was on the verge of a total. He said if they find any internal damage it would most likely be totaled. As I said earlier I don't care either way except they told me I should figure 6 weeks to get it done. They blamed the pandemic and the holidays!! If they totaled it I would have the check in a week.
    Bill Parcells.

Got the six back from the accident repairs. I am quick to criticize dealerships so I felt like I should post when I had a good experience. First of all the service tech, Robert sent me multiple texts during the repairs. The texts were not only for setbacks (one-part sent from Honda arrived damaged) but to just let me know where they were with the repairs. The bike looks better than it did prior to the accident. The nose piece and the headlight plastics have been replaced. Went to pick it up and they had me out quick with a newly washed bike. Not perfect though, the bike now has a plastic rattle somewhere up front and a slight pull to the left. Will take it back and have them look at it. They were paid a lot to make it right. All in all a better experience than I hoped for. Side note I found it amusing that I had removed the Honda letters on the nose piece and they replaced them with the new nose piece!! Edit: I forgot, they told me six weeks due to the pandemic and met the date. In my experience that rarely happens in today's world.
    Last edited by valkmc; 01-16-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    Bill Parcells.

Glad to hear that you got your bike back. Hoping that all is corrected and you can begin to enjoy the bike again.
    Best wishes...and stay safe.

Similar story: after 35+ years of 2 wheel riding, 2016 F6B the last and best, topped a rural road hill in a curve and there sets a truck stopped. So like you in my mid-60"s, not sure if my attention and/or reflexes were compromised (don't think I was speeding) I knew I didn't want to hit the truck so locked brakes and down I go in to the ditch. Broken thumb, rash but all in all very lucky!
    F6B was totaled at over $10k to repair. Healed up and a year later took a Can Am Spyder weekend riding class. I was hooked. Now enjoying 2020 Spyder F3-T. (took some getting used to) Honda GW's are as fine as there is. It was just time for me to make a change.
    Good luck with your scrapes and bruises. You'll be back in the wind soon I bet.

I have considered the Can-Am, which kind of reminds me of riding snowmobiles as a young man. With my 6 back together I haven't thought about them much. I rode today, A1A from Daytona north. Ocean to the right for about 30 miles, sunny and 60. All seemed right with the world.
    Bill Parcells.