Summer ride plan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer ride plan

Summer ride plan

So, I think I am doing another ride this summer. My friends bought a house in MN, so probably run straight North, up there, down to Rushmore, maybe into Wyoming then work my way back home to the MS coast. If you guys have any good recommendations, I am open to suggestions. Last year's discussion helped me plan a great ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Sounds like a great ride. Good luck putting it together.

I've been thinking of taking a trip to Jackson, Wy. next summer and have been taking notes of recommendations I've seen on the forums.
    So far I have:
    Hotels:
    The Lodge at Deadwood.
    The Historic Occidental Hotel in Buffalo, Wy
    Sheridan Inn
    Museum:
    The Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wy.
    Must ride roads:
    Beartooth HWY 212

I too look forward to hearing more tips.

PS. If you pass through Kansas on the way back, I recommend the Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson. The have the Apollo 13 capsule as well as an amazing collection of US and Soviet spacecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I've been thinking of taking a trip to Jackson, Wy. next summer and have been taking notes of recommendations I've seen on the forums.
    So far I have:
    Hotels:
    The Lodge at Deadwood.
    The Historic Occidental Hotel in Buffalo, Wy
    Sheridan Inn
    Museum:
    The Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wy.
    Must ride roads:
    Beartooth HWY 212

I too look forward to hearing more tips.

PS. If you pass through Kansas on the way back, I recommend the Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson. The have the Apollo 13 capsule as well as an amazing collection of US and Soviet spacecraft.
    Excellent, thanks. I will be in KS for part, I have not looked at what part yet. Part of it will all depend on how much leave I have to burn in the summer. I always split it between a motorcycle trip in the summer and a hunting trip in the fall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

The Arrow Head area northeast of Duluth Minnesota. Highway 1 between Minnesota 61 to Ely.

Our oldest son lives in Denver and we have been out there quite a few times over the last few years riding.
    We usually take a trip around Colorado for 4 or 5 days then take off from there and take another 3 weeks and ride West from there and back.
    Beartooth Pass as mentioned is one of the best rides around. It all depends on how much time a person has.
    If you have more time go a little more West into Idaho, beautiful riding.
    Go back south into Colorado, there are so many great roads and routes, would need to know how much time you have. We have followed our son all over Colorado, you can spend a lot of time there.
    From Colorado going down into Utah and the National Parks are really nice.
    We even went all the way out to northern California a couple years ago and rode through the Red Woods and south along the coast and over to Yosemite.
    It is absolutely endless.
    We will be out there again in July this year for 3 weeks. Trying to figure out what we are doing this year and which bikes to take.
    You can contact us anytime for questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RickW View Post
    Our oldest son lives in Denver and we have been out there quite a few times over the last few years riding.
    We usually take a trip around Colorado for 4 or 5 days then take off from there and take another 3 weeks and ride West from there and back.
    Beartooth Pass as mentioned is one of the best rides around. It all depends on how much time a person has.
    If you have more time go a little more West into Idaho, beautiful riding.
    Go back south into Colorado, there are so many great roads and routes, would need to know how much time you have. We have followed our son all over Colorado, you can spend a lot of time there.
    From Colorado going down into Utah and the National Parks are really nice.
    We even went all the way out to northern California a couple years ago and rode through the Red Woods and south along the coast and over to Yosemite.
    It is absolutely endless.
    We will be out there again in July this year for 3 weeks. Trying to figure out what we are doing this year and which bikes to take.
    You can contact us anytime for questions.
    I doubt I'll have enough time to head out to ID this year. That may be next year's trip. Time and money are finite! LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

In Wyoming one of my favorites is Chief Joseph Hwy from north of Cody to Beartooth pass. If you do plan on later in summer to make sure it’s open. Beartooth maybe snowed in early summer

Yes, great roads. GREAT! In hoping to ride them again this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra03 View Post
    In Wyoming one of my favorites is Chief Joseph Hwy from north of Cody to Beartooth pass. If you do plan on later in summer to make sure it’s open. Beartooth maybe snowed in early summer

Those are really great plans. Mine is here in the east. I’m meeting a friend from MA in Front Royal VA ( I’m riding up from FL) and we are doing Skyline then Blue Ridge Parkway then riding around the hills to include the Dragon. Haven’t figured out how much time we will take ( being retired has its benefits!). We plan on camping along the way. Hopefully all this virus will be behind us.
    WEG