Summer ride plan - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Summer ride plan

  1. #11
    Senior Member blackmetoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Diamondhead, MS
    Posts
    347
    I am thinking early July is when I'll be riding. I'll just have to see what's open out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

  2. #12
    Senior Member willtill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,145
    If many of our states get off their azzes and get this fricken vaccine rolled out in a timely manner, everything should be opened by the summer.


    21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.


    “Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

    -Dolly Parton

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Brazil, Indiana
    Posts
    176
    Find time for the Needles Highway, Iron Mountain Road and Custer State Park while your in the Rushmore area. If you can only do one, make it Needles.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

  4. #14
    Senior Member blackmetoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Diamondhead, MS
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    If many of our states get off their azzes and get this fricken vaccine rolled out in a timely manner, everything should be opened by the summer.
    Tough to say. Many controllers have enjoyed the extra excitement of added control. If not COVID, they may find more stuff to use. Totalitarians gonna totalitariate! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Brazil, Indiana
    Posts
    176
    Should be ending anyway. 60-75% of the people I know, including myself, nearly our whole family, our neighbors and coworkers have already had it. The local news said our rate in this part of Indiana has dropped 31% recently. That has to mean herd immunity is here finally. Even my 72 yearold mother-in-law survived it with little more than sniffles. I do know 3 who have died from it but all were in nursing homes. It was pretty rough for my wife, she was on her back for 8 days!

    I know that sounds like a good thing but it wasn't. The Bat Flu made her pretty sick. We're all back to work now though and I even rode to work today!
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

  6. #16
    Senior Member blackmetoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Diamondhead, MS
    Posts
    347
    I never really stopped working. I had a few at home days. In fact, I am working from home now because a dared to travel outside the 50 mile perimeter. Largely, it is a bad flu. It DOES kill, but people of my ilk, it is unlikely. The news has fetishized every scary story they could. A pox upon them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Brazil, Indiana
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    I never really stopped working. I had a few at home days. In fact, I am working from home now because a dared to travel outside the 50 mile perimeter. Largely, it is a bad flu. It DOES kill, but people of my ilk, it is unlikely. The news has fetishized every scary story they could. A pox upon them.
    Man, I couldn't agree more. I got a paper to carry on the bike and cage (last Feb or March) saying I was an essential worker. And I enjoyed the deserted, speed limit free highways but hated the rest of it. When our governor passed his mask mandate I left on a 3600 mask free ride to SD and points West. By the time I came back it was pretty much universally ignored in the rural counties. As a 64 year-old diabetic I'm in the "targeted for fear" group but the only thing that actually scares me about it is the loss of freedom so many seem to accept. Better to live an hour as a free citizen than a thousand lifetimes as a thrall. As you said "A Pox Upon Them".
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

  8. #18
    Senior Member blackmetoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Diamondhead, MS
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    Man, I couldn't agree more. I got a paper to carry on the bike and cage (last Feb or March) saying I was an essential worker. And I enjoyed the deserted, speed limit free highways but hated the rest of it. When our governor passed his mask mandate I left on a 3600 mask free ride to SD and points West. By the time I came back it was pretty much universally ignored in the rural counties. As a 64 year-old diabetic I'm in the "targeted for fear" group but the only thing that actually scares me about it is the loss of freedom so many seem to accept. Better to live an hour as a free citizen than a thousand lifetimes as a thrall. As you said "A Pox Upon Them".
    I rode out west for most of July last year. I still have the mask I picked up from my buddy in NM. It is torn and beat up, but I have a mask! lol Next, I'll switch to Victoria's Secret panties and put them on my face. LOL

    A buddy of mine said he wants to sue the Navy. He was an operator and said, "You went through CBDR training right? We had to suck rubber, wear full MOPP gear, hump a ruck wearing all that crap. The Navy was so insensitive and cared not for my welfare. When all I needed was a diaper on my face to stay safe!"

    Many of the motorcyclists are not with the loss of freedom from what I can see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

  9. #19
    Senior Member adventurous1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    194
    If you're doing Beartooth you might want to stay in Red Lodge - and if you do, have dinner at the Carbon County Steakhouse - one of the best dead carcass houses I've ever experienced. In the a.m. there is a Coffee roasting place - and Prindy's place for breakfast. It's a 50's dive - with good food. In Jackson, Bunnery Bakery for breakfast - and coffee at Jackson Hole Roasters (they also have xclnt breakfast as well).
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

    "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

    "Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

  10. #20
    Senior Member adventurous1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    194
    Depending on where your friends home is located in Maine. If the CAN border is open - Hwy 201(? can't remember for sure thru Moose River & Jackman) along the Chaudiere River. 2 lane blacktop for a few a couple of hundred miles into Quebec City (in the old town). Old Quebec city on the St Lawrence - very cool. pubs, shops, restaurants, big fire works all summer long Everything is in French BTW. Had a 2lb Lobster in Portland, Maine. At an outdoor dive bar (Porthole Res & Pub) on the water/ pier, sipping tequila listening to a classic rock band.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

    "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

    "Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •