Summer ride plan - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer ride plan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Find time for the Needles Highway, Iron Mountain Road and Custer State Park while your in the Rushmore area. If you can only do one, make it Needles.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Depending on where your friends home is located in Maine. If the CAN border is open - Hwy 201(? can't remember for sure thru Moose River & Jackman) along the Chaudiere River. 2 lane blacktop for a few a couple of hundred miles into Quebec City (in the old town). Old Quebec city on the St Lawrence - very cool. pubs, shops, restaurants, big fire works all summer long Everything is in French BTW. Had a 2lb Lobster in Portland, Maine. At an outdoor dive bar (Porthole Res & Pub) on the water/ pier, sipping tequila listening to a classic rock band.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Minnesota, not Maine. :-) I am a couple years away from riding up to the northeast. That ride takes me past my parents, so I often do not get north of Maryland.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B