Summer ride plan - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer ride plan

Quote Originally Posted by RickW View Post
    Our oldest son lives in Denver and we have been out there quite a few times over the last few years riding.
    We usually take a trip around Colorado for 4 or 5 days then take off from there and take another 3 weeks and ride West from there and back.
    Beartooth Pass as mentioned is one of the best rides around. It all depends on how much time a person has.
    If you have more time go a little more West into Idaho, beautiful riding.
    Go back south into Colorado, there are so many great roads and routes, would need to know how much time you have. We have followed our son all over Colorado, you can spend a lot of time there.
    From Colorado going down into Utah and the National Parks are really nice.
    We even went all the way out to northern California a couple years ago and rode through the Red Woods and south along the coast and over to Yosemite.
    It is absolutely endless.
    We will be out there again in July this year for 3 weeks. Trying to figure out what we are doing this year and which bikes to take.
    You can contact us anytime for questions.
    Yup, excellent riding out that way. If the crazy Canucks open up the border, thinking about doing Alaska (artic ocean) from Los Angeles. Be my 50th state on a bike. (rented one in Hawaii years ago for a few days. Rode that 2 lane hwy around the entire island.)
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Minnesota, not Maine. :-) I am a couple years away from riding up to the northeast. That ride takes me past my parents, so I often do not get north of Maryland.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous1 View Post
    If you're doing Beartooth you might want to stay in Red Lodge - and if you do, have dinner at the Carbon County Steakhouse - one of the best dead carcass houses I've ever experienced. In the a.m. there is a Coffee roasting place - and Prindy's place for breakfast. It's a 50's dive - with good food. In Jackson, Bunnery Bakery for breakfast - and coffee at Jackson Hole Roasters (they also have xclnt breakfast as well).
    I have decided to make Red Lodge a three day stop to just enjoy the area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B