How Best to Keep Mice Off my F6B!

Thread: How Best to Keep Mice Off my F6B!

How Best to Keep Mice Off my F6B!

Hi folks, I'm very excited to get my F6B back after converting it to a Motor Trike. During the process, they discovered a had nested and ate away at several wires. How best can I keep them out? Its garage kept. I see sprays, drier sheets, traps, mothballs. Any sure-fire methods?

Thanks!

Where you you park your bike?

I have my motorcycles parked in Amish sheds. I have a electronic pest control emitter installed in each one of my sheds. Like these for an example:

https://www.amazon.com/ultrasonic-pe...+pest+repeller

For long term storage (meaning a couple of weeks periodically during the winter) I stick rags in the exhaust pipes. I also bait traps with peanut butter and put them next two each wheel of the bike(s).

I do use Bounce dryer sheets sometimes, stuffed around the battery compartment of my DR650. I also screened my DR650's airbox opening with metal mesh. I haven't used bounce on my F6B though.

The next time I change out my F6B's air filter, I'm going to used steel mesh of the two air intakes that feed it. You don't want mice building a nest on top of that air filter. it's a bitch to get to (for us) in the first place...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

One of the best products I have found is the pouch of Grandpa Gus. In my area they can be purchased at Menards. I sure most home improvement stores would carry them. 10 pouch in a package $19.99. Place one under your bike, no mice.

Thank you both, I may try Granpa Gus.

Chain a cat to both rims. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    Chain a cat to both rims. Problem solved.
    That won't work. The cats will fight with each other, ignoring the mice.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Where you you park your bike?

I have my motorcycles parked in Amish sheds. I have a electronic pest control emitter installed in each one of my sheds. Like these for an example:

https://www.amazon.com/ultrasonic-pe...+pest+repeller

For long term storage (meaning a couple of weeks periodically during the winter) I stick rags in the exhaust pipes. I also bait traps with peanut butter and put them next two each wheel of the bike(s).

I do use Bounce dryer sheets sometimes, stuffed around the battery compartment of my DR650. I also screened my DR650's airbox opening with metal mesh. I haven't used bounce on my F6B though.

The next time I change out my F6B's air filter, I'm going to used steel mesh of the two air intakes that feed it. You don't want mice building a nest on top of that air filter. it's a bitch to get to (for us) in the first place...
    Crap, I usually put rags in my pipes too and forgot when storing it this season. I've had the same issue as the OP before.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That won't work. The cats will fight with each other, ignoring the mice.
    Same reason why having two women is a PITA.

I just went out today and checked my bikes and RV. I put a Grandpa Gus packet in my RV when I put it in storage in November. no sign of anything in the RV and bikes look the same.