How Best to Keep Mice Off my F6B!

Thread: How Best to Keep Mice Off my F6B!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where you you park your bike?

I have my motorcycles parked in Amish sheds. I have a electronic pest control emitter installed in each one of my sheds. Like these for an example:

https://www.amazon.com/ultrasonic-pe...+pest+repeller

For long term storage (meaning a couple of weeks periodically during the winter) I stick rags in the exhaust pipes. I also bait traps with peanut butter and put them next two each wheel of the bike(s).

I do use Bounce dryer sheets sometimes, stuffed around the battery compartment of my DR650. I also screened my DR650's airbox opening with metal mesh. I haven't used bounce on my F6B though.

The next time I change out my F6B's air filter, I'm going to used steel mesh of the two air intakes that feed it. You don't want mice building a nest on top of that air filter. it's a bitch to get to (for us) in the first place...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Where you you park your bike?

I have my motorcycles parked in Amish sheds. I have a electronic pest control emitter installed in each one of my sheds. Like these for an example:

https://www.amazon.com/ultrasonic-pe...+pest+repeller

For long term storage (meaning a couple of weeks periodically during the winter) I stick rags in the exhaust pipes. I also bait traps with peanut butter and put them next two each wheel of the bike(s).

I do use Bounce dryer sheets sometimes, stuffed around the battery compartment of my DR650. I also screened my DR650's airbox opening with metal mesh. I haven't used bounce on my F6B though.

The next time I change out my F6B's air filter, I'm going to used steel mesh of the two air intakes that feed it. You don't want mice building a nest on top of that air filter. it's a bitch to get to (for us) in the first place...
    Crap, I usually put rags in my pipes too and forgot when storing it this season. I've had the same issue as the OP before.