Shock adjustment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shock adjustment

Shock adjustment

I need the bike to be higher, because it touches a bit
    How do I adjust the shock for height
    Which way do I turn it
    Clockwise or Anti clockwise

I believe clockwise makes it stiffer, so counter clockwise.

This is one of the very few flaws that I don't like about the F6B. She scrapes pegs way too much in hard corners.

Running a car tire has mitigated a little bit of that though.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

ReserveBum - I believe that if K2157 wants the rear higher, he needs to go clockwise (stiffer). Since the knob is simply a preload adjustment, if he goes the other way, it'll lessen the preload on the bike and drop the rear further.

K2157 - I agree with you and willtill that the bike does touch down fairly easily due to the low stance. If you are not already doing so, one thing that can help is leaning your body further into the turn, which shifts the over center of gravity inward, allowing the bike to remain more upright in the turn, and tightening the corner. I'm not talking about a Moto GP style hanging off the inside of the bike dragging a knee, of course...but simply having your chin aligned with the mounting point of your inside mirror will dramatically tighten a curve on the old gal.

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    ReserveBum - I believe that if K2157 wants the rear higher, he needs to go clockwise (stiffer). Since the knob is simply a preload adjustment, if he goes the other way, it'll lessen the preload on the bike and drop the rear further.

K2157 - I agree with you and willtill that the bike does touch down fairly easily due to the low stance. If you are not already doing so, one thing that can help is leaning your body further into the turn, which shifts the over center of gravity inward, allowing the bike to remain more upright in the turn, and tightening the corner. I'm not talking about a Moto GP style hanging off the inside of the bike dragging a knee, of course...but simply having your chin aligned with the mounting point of your inside mirror will dramatically tighten a curve on the old gal.

Kind Regards
    +1.. that does help a lot and how ride. I also have drop foot peg mounts so my scoot has even more clearance issues.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

As long as the subject of preload is up:

On my rear shock adjuster, starting from "0", It takes 7 or 8 clicks before I feel any resistance.

This does not hurt me, because I am a light weight. But for some of you and those who want/need more clearance, this might be important.

On the full wing, there is a procedure to fill up the shock pump to get rid of the slack. I wonder if we can add fluid to our systems to take out this slack?

Thoughts??
    Albuquerque, NM

I have switched to the 'Valkyrie' rear tire. I use Bridgestone Tire G702 180/70R16 vs the 60R16 that is stock. It gives a bit more clearance. I've been using this for 15 years on my old '03 1800 and now on my B.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    As long as the subject of preload is up:

On my rear shock adjuster, starting from "0", It takes 7 or 8 clicks before I feel any resistance.

This does not hurt me, because I am a light weight. But for some of you and those who want/need more clearance, this might be important.

On the full wing, there is a procedure to fill up the shock pump to get rid of the slack. I wonder if we can add fluid to our systems to take out this slack?

Thoughts??
    That is a known problem for sure. The fix is to replace the rubber hose with a braided hose that doesn't expand. https://wingstuff.com/products/29049...re-loader-line

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I have switched to the 'Valkyrie' rear tire. I use Bridgestone Tire G702 180/70R16 vs the 60R16 that is stock. It gives a bit more clearance. I've been using this for 15 years on my old '03 1800 and now on my B.
    I have one (Valkyrie size) mounted on my spare rim. I'm looking forward to trying it out, but still have some miles left on the current rear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Interesting:

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537