cruise control

Thread: cruise control

cruise control

I saw a MC Cruise offered for sale on the GL1800Riders site. Just in case anyone interested.
    Last edited by Ghost Rider; 02-24-2021 at 11:05 AM.

NICE! Someone will enjoy that. Adding electronic cruise to my 2014 made the bike so much more enjoyable on longer trips.

I just saw it sold. Hope someone here got it. Those work just as good as a factory cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    NICE! Someone will enjoy that. Adding electronic cruise to my 2014 made the bike so much more enjoyable on longer trips.

Good morning rdbonds. I was riding thru Dallas last week on the way up to Acworth to visit my brother and family; that was on Friday. Thought about you being in the area. I got up Sat. morning early for a ride north and west and do like that area. But my main question to you is about crusie control. I saw your post & I'd like to add cruise to my 14 also. I'd like to know the manufacture you installed or had installed. I'd most likely have the Honda service folks install mine. Riding further than a trip to Atlanta area and back I'd like to have cruise available.

Hi FarsideF6b. You were definitely in my neck of the woods.

The cruise I used was the Rostra 250-1223. It's currently about $210 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I've installed 3 of those units on different bikes (my Fb, a buddy's F6b, and my R1200GSA), and they work really well. For install on the Wing, the speed pulse (VSS) is outside of the range allowed by the cruise, so a pulse divider is used. Rostra signal adapter (250-4379) This divider will divide the signal by 4.

On both F6b's I've done, I used the factory switch set from a 2015 GL1800B, so that it looks factory. I bought the factory right controls here:
    https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemp...handle-switchI also needed a 5 post 12vdc relay for the brake signal.

There were a few posts here and on another F6C site that gave lots of supporting info to help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Hi FarsideF6b. You were definitely in my neck of the woods.

The cruise I used was the Rostra 250-1223. It's currently about $210 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I've installed 3 of those units on different bikes (my Fb, a buddy's F6b, and my R1200GSA), and they work really well. For install on the Wing, the speed pulse (VSS) is outside of the range allowed by the cruise, so a pulse divider is used. Rostra signal adapter (250-4379) This divider will divide the signal by 4.

On both F6b's I've done, I used the factory switch set from a 2015 GL1800B, so that it looks factory. I bought the factory right controls here:
    https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemp...handle-switchI also needed a 5 post 12vdc relay for the brake signal.

There were a few posts here and on another F6C site that gave lots of supporting info to help as well.
    Sorry for the late response. I haven't had cruise added yet but talked about it yesterday with my Valkyrie friend. I'll most likely order the Rostra. Thank you for the info. Best Regards, Keith

When you get into it, holler if you have any questions. Happy to help if I can.