Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Hey Everyone new member here. A little bit about myself, I have been riding 40 plus years starting out on Montgomery Wards mini bikes. Over all those years I have owned numerous bikes from standards, to cruisers, numerous sport bikes and I currently own a 06 Premium auto wing and I just picked up a 2016 F6B Matte with 930 miles on it, I could not help myself, the deal was too good to pass up and the bike is still covered under the factory warranty until late 2022. I am ordering a windshield ASAP but the wife wants a backrest. Any suggestions for a decent backrest and do these backrests require any drilling into he body to attach them? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Don't all 2016 models come with the factory backrest? I thought the white 2016 models only were sold as Deluxe. If you have the factory backrest you'll have all the necessary brackets for installing something from the aftermarket.

I purchased the bike used and there was no rear passenger backrest provided and there does not appear to b visible brackets, I believe I have a NON deluxe model did the NON deluxe model come stock with a rear passenger backrest?
    Last edited by Foo Fighter; 03-11-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Welcome, one of our Forum members was selling a taller backrest brace that was a direct replacement for the stock backrest brace but that was a few years ago, I can't remember which member, maybe someone else will chime in
    You would still need the stock backrest and hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Fighter View Post
    I purchased the bike used and there was no rear passenger backrest provided and there does not appear to b visible brackets, I believe I have a NON deluxe model did the NON deluxe model come stock with a rear passenger backrest?
    If you do not have self-cancelling turn signals, backrest, heated grips and a centerstand; you do not have the deluxe model.

I do have a deluxe with these; I believe you may have to purchase these in order to make your non-deluxe capable of supporting a rear backrest.

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemc...carrier-silver

More detailed parts list (items 12, 14, 15 and associated fasteners):

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemp...db06db024/seat
    Last edited by willtill; 03-12-2021 at 07:37 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Welcome to the forum. Great info here about your new ride. That was a good find- a 2016 with such low mileage. Does your bike have the stock seat, or a replacement seat? Also, what type or style windshield are you looking for? I bought 3 different shields before I found the one that worked the best for me.

Big Bike Parts has an aftermarket passenger backrest. If you do go with this backrest consider buying the luggage rack and installing them all at the same time...If you want a luggage rack! (I could only find the chrome model on BBP's website but it can be purchased in black.)

For ANY backrest, you'll need the first item willtill listed in his post, the bracket and "color coordinated" covers with pre-drilled holes. For much less you can get BBPs brackets and drill your own holes in your existing covers. Click on my link for BBPs bracket and download the Installation Instructions PDF for more information. And, if you ever see me with my F6B, don't look real close at the holes in my covers. I'm cheap!
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 03-12-2021 at 10:04 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

As I remember the matte white 2016 models only were sold as Deluxe. The plastic inserts without holes that cover the threaded frame mounts for the backrest and rack were not available in that color. In fact one of our members had to get those inserts in another color and paint them to match when he removed his backrest. However...

All F6Bs have the threaded frame mounts for a backrest. Finding the brackets that even the aftermarket backrests use could be a challenge.

welcome to the forum congrats on new ride keep the oil levels good just ride.... as for windshield Madstad is the only real choice foe a F6B.

Does part #17 cover the entire padded part of the seat the rear cover the seat and all of the fasteners? or do you need t buy Part #16 &17.