New Member - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member

I have the stock seat and already ordered a Madstad shield and the center stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Fighter View Post
    Does part #17 cover the entire padded part of the seat the rear cover the seat and all of the fasteners? or do you need t buy Part #16 &17.
    You would need to buy all of the associated parts in the diagram, which in their aggregate, complete the rear seat.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    You would need to buy all of the associated parts in the diagram, which in their aggregate, complete the rear seat.
    For my own clarification...Referencing the 2016 HONDA GL1800B 2AC SEAT ASSEMBLY...

The standard F6B comes with mounting holes that are covered with plastic cover plates with no holes.

For an aftermarket passenger backrest or luggage rack, these two plastic plates can be removed and replaced (or holes drilled in them) to accommodate the left and right Backrest Stays, #14 and #15?

OR

The single OEM Honda Backrest Bracket, #12, can be used to cover the brackets, #14 and #15, and accommodate the OEM backrest and OEM luggage rack, Correct??
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    For my own clarification...Referencing the 2016 HONDA GL1800B 2AC SEAT ASSEMBLY...

The standard F6B comes with mounting holes that are covered with plastic cover plates with no holes.

For an aftermarket passenger backrest or luggage rack, these two plastic plates can be removed and replaced (or holes drilled in them) to accommodate the left and right Backrest Stays, #14 and #15?

OR

The single OEM Honda Backrest Bracket, #12, can be used to cover the brackets, #14 and #15, and accommodate the OEM backrest and OEM luggage rack, Correct??
    Yes, I believe you are correct.

]

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Sure lots of discussion on the passenger backrest. I have a 2016 F6B, original color the Matte Silver, Deluxe, new. I had it painted Jupiter Orange Metallic before I picked it up at Russellville. I had to get the covers with no holes and paint them my orange so that I could remove the backrest. Considered plugs, etc, but I wanted it clean, and I really prefer the look without the backrest. I ride solo almost all the time; however, I have everything so that I can put it back on when desired, which I have done. It’s a little work but I can do it in 30-45 minutes.