Pathfinder LED Headlights

Thread: Pathfinder LED Headlights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had to replace several headlight bulbs on my 2013, but on my 2016 I haven't replaced one in over 30,000 miles. Other 2013 owners reported the same problem in another thread. There may have been an issue on the 2013 models.

The standard bulbs should last longer. I was surprised how short the expected life is for the brighter bulbs, according to the specs on the package.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I had to replace several headlight bulbs on my 2013, but on my 2016 I haven't replaced one in over 30,000 miles. Other 2013 owners reported the same problem in another thread. There may have been an issue on the 2013 models.

The standard bulbs should last longer. I was surprised how short the expected life is for the brighter bulbs, according to the specs on the package.
    Ya. I was going to go with aftermarket brighter halogens myself, but did not due to the shortened lifespan.

I have grown to like the OEM halogen bulbs in low and high beam. They provide a good contrast and approaching visibility with the LED driving lights I installed, and of course the low beam modulation is icing on the cake.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thanks for all of the responses. I think I'll just replace the H7's with the OEM Basic Bulbs.

Carl
    2023 Candy Ardent Red Honda Goldwing Tour DCT 02/21/2023
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ya. I was going to go with aftermarket brighter halogens myself, but did not due to the shortened lifespan.

I have grown to like the OEM halogen bulbs in low and high beam. They provide a good contrast and approaching visibility with the LED driving lights I installed, and of course the low beam modulation is icing on the cake.
    The lighting on my F6B is far better than any motorcycle I've owned. My first street bike was a 1970 Kawasaki Mach III. I still have a repair manual so I looked up the electrical specs. It was a 'semi-sealed beam' with a 35/25 watt tungsten bulb. My next bike, a 1976 KZ-900 was lots brighter, running a 50/35 watt bulb. Talk about the dark ages! These weren't much better than British bikes with Lucas (the Prince of Darkness) electrical systems.