Pathfinder LED Headlights - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder LED Headlights

Thanks for all of the responses. I think I'll just replace the H7's with the OEM Basic Bulbs.

Carl
    2023 Candy Ardent Red Honda Goldwing Tour DCT 02/21/2023
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ya. I was going to go with aftermarket brighter halogens myself, but did not due to the shortened lifespan.

I have grown to like the OEM halogen bulbs in low and high beam. They provide a good contrast and approaching visibility with the LED driving lights I installed, and of course the low beam modulation is icing on the cake.
    The lighting on my F6B is far better than any motorcycle I've owned. My first street bike was a 1970 Kawasaki Mach III. I still have a repair manual so I looked up the electrical specs. It was a 'semi-sealed beam' with a 35/25 watt tungsten bulb. My next bike, a 1976 KZ-900 was lots brighter, running a 50/35 watt bulb. Talk about the dark ages! These weren't much better than British bikes with Lucas (the Prince of Darkness) electrical systems.

Bought Pathfinder LED's 2 years ago. Tried them out for 2 weeks and replaced with the OEM bulbs.
    OEM bulbs have really defined light pattern. The LED's were brighter but didn't project well on the road.
    Tried to adjust the pattern but gave up.
    F6B's stock headlights are the best I have ever seen on a bike. Hell, they are better than most car headlights.

I'm in the "Stock Headlamp Camp" too. I added a Daymaker to my previous VTX and found it to be brighter but not further, just like billsim posted.

I get flashed at night when I leave my brights on a little too long when riding on our Texas "very separated" interstate highways.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Now and then I've thought of upgrading to LED lighting. Maybe it's that gene that motorcyclists have that makes you want to change things. Then I'll take a ride at night and think 'wow, what awesome lighting'!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Now and then I've thought of upgrading to LED lighting. Maybe it's that gene that motorcyclists have that makes you want to change things. Then I'll take a ride at night and think 'wow, what awesome lighting'!
    I think it's all part of the "addictive hobby." I ALMOST miss my VTX because it "needed" constant upgrading and that was fun even when it didn't work. The damn F6B is too close to perfect to need upgrades.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I am fine with OEM bulbs. Only changed one left side low beam in 7 years.
    2013 F6B in black of course

7A961FD1-BDEF-457F-AED1-47B6A39C1A37.jpg

I have had Pathfinders installed for 20k miles with no issues.

Been following. I put 154k mikes on my 2002 and went through LOTS of H7 bulbs. For sure, when one went the other went soon thereafter, so I got where I’d replace them both. Sometimes they’d both be out as I had not noticed that one had gone out (I often led our rides so was in the front). Never replaced the high beams as they were used only occasionally. Night riding rare. Never used for day riding as TOO bright!

Early on I put EC LEDs in my 2016 F6B low beams. Easy installation, I like their looks, and match well with my LED fog/driving lights. Highly visible to other vehicles! Still not much night riding so did not change out the high beams.

Everyone has their own preferences! This is mine.

Give them a try, you will never look back.

https://store.valueaccessories.net/P...itsGL1800.aspx