Pathfinder LED Headlights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder LED Headlights

Pathfinder LED Headlights

I was wondering how you like your Pathfinder LED Headlights? My main question is do they last?

I'm tired of changing out the regular OEM bulbs. I have a 2013 F6B with 48K miles and we seem to have a problem with bulb life. I've replaced my low beams at 23K (w/SilverStar), 27K (w/SilverStar) and 32K (w/Basic). I've replaced my high beams at 30K (w/Basic) and at 48K the right one is out again. I normally run with my high beams in the daytime for higher visibility.

Thanks,
    Carl
    2023 Candy Ardent Red Honda Goldwing Tour DCT 02/21/2023
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

I love mine and they are supposed to last longer. I ride with my high beams on during the daylight as well with the modulator.

Mac

I run the Electrical Connection on my 2016 F6B and really like them.

I love mine very bright but I don’t think it throws the light as far as the original bulbs.
    I’ve had them for two summers now.

I'm loving mine. I have the blinkers, fog and headlights all Pathfinder. I bought them on the bike a little over a year ago so can't say how long they've been installed. Well I did install the blinkers though last April. No problems yet.

I've had mine for about 3 years now. Over 30k miles and still going strong. I ride with high beams on during daylight hours which is most of my riding.
    Hoff aka Brian
    2016 F6B Deluxe in Matte White

Quote Originally Posted by PA_F6Ber View Post
    I'm tired of changing out the regular OEM bulbs. I have a 2013 F6B with 48K miles and we seem to have a problem with bulb life. I've replaced my low beams at 23K (w/SilverStar), 27K (w/SilverStar) and 32K (w/Basic). I've replaced my high beams at 30K (w/Basic) and at 48K the right one is out again. I normally run with my high beams in the daytime for higher visibility.
    I'm probably being Captain Obvious here but...Don't touch the glass with your skin. The oil can shorten the life of the bulb.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I'm going on three years with mine. No worries as yet.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

I had to replace several headlight bulbs on my 2013, but on my 2016 I haven't replaced one in over 30,000 miles. Other 2013 owners reported the same problem in another thread. There may have been an issue on the 2013 models.

The standard bulbs should last longer. I was surprised how short the expected life is for the brighter bulbs, according to the specs on the package.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I had to replace several headlight bulbs on my 2013, but on my 2016 I haven't replaced one in over 30,000 miles. Other 2013 owners reported the same problem in another thread. There may have been an issue on the 2013 models.

The standard bulbs should last longer. I was surprised how short the expected life is for the brighter bulbs, according to the specs on the package.
    Ya. I was going to go with aftermarket brighter halogens myself, but did not due to the shortened lifespan.

I have grown to like the OEM halogen bulbs in low and high beam. They provide a good contrast and approaching visibility with the LED driving lights I installed, and of course the low beam modulation is icing on the cake.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537