Eyewear for full-face helmets - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eyewear for full-face helmets

I wear Bi-Focals and never had a problem
    But I also use an open face helmet with shield

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    Tried them back in the 80's, couldn't stand them. Was living in Colorado at the time, my contacts dried out on my bike the whole time. Since I've always work on my own vehicles, I couldn't stand crap falling in my contacts under the laying under the vehicle, and the solutions for them for a year cost more than the glasses did. Thant that's just me,
    But that is a good solution for other folks.
    Contact lenses have come a long way since the 80's. Much more comfortable; I use the Acuvue Moist Daily's.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    There are bifocal contacts available also.
    Yes, I've seen that but they are a bit more pricier.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I've had real problems with clearly seeing signs on my previous Honda VTX 1800. I wear bifocals and have Scorpion EXO helmets with "KwikFit" pads for glasses. I could see okay but not read street names of road numbers until it was too late.

Changing to the F6B with the 12" Baggershield windshield fixed everything. No problems now at all.

I tried bifocal and monofocal contacts for several weeks each, but just never got used to them.
    My learning curve with the Monovision took 2 weeks. Then my brain finally adapted to them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    i also wear glasses. Just picked up another modular HJC helmet. Some helmet models advertise that they have slots or have the helmet pads located so they don't interfere with glasses. This new helmet works fine with my specs. I do have a Shoei Neotec, that works too. My glasses are metal frames, and are thin style.

I agree, been wearing modular helmets for 15 years, absolutely great solution for those wearing glasses
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

I use bifocals under a Schuberth C4 Pro. My temple pieces have almost zero curve and are very thin metal to reduce any pressure. Everything works fine.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

I've always worn glasses in my Shoei. I had glasses made, with bifocals adjusted for distance, that fit in my helmet. I measured the distance from my eyes to the gages and told the optometrist this distance and they made the bifocal part to let me focus on that distance. They also adjusted the bifocal part down in the lens just a bit so the cut off between the focal lengths was comfortable.

I said I wear bifocals, but to be more correct, I wear Progressive, no-line bifocals that have a million focal points. I spend a lot of my time at computer screens. I just tip my head to the correct angle that gives me the clearest view for what I'm focused on.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I wear Oakley frames with an Arai Signet-Q. Not bifocals.
    Lenses also done by Oakley. One in their darkest shade; another in clear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keep Calm ... and Beat to Quarters

After 60 years of glasses...I got the cataract surgery. No more glasses! (at least until I have to read a map or a computer screen - I have cheaters for that). What a great thing. I didnt realize how much I was not seeing, the colors pop and my peripheral vision is much better. But I hear you - I wore my glasses in my Shoei full face and then had prescription shades made. It worked but was also a hassle.