Daytona 2021

Thread: Daytona 2021

Daytona 2021

At least the weather was great.
    Rode down Wednesday the 10th came back Sunday.

The event was very much scaled down. Limited vendors, manufacturers and demo rides at the speedway.
    Some of the normal venues were completely vacant.
    Destination Daytona seemed about 90% full.
    Main street was missing a lot of the normal vendors.
    Biggest disappointment was how the "parade" on main street has devolved into a noise competition. Nothing but screaming speakers and open exhausts.
    Nearly impossible to hear the bands play, forget trying to have a conversation.

I-95 a complete mess going north, full stop on the highway 4 times between Ga. and SC. , total 2.5 hrs lost.

I'm done, won't be going back anytime soon.

KG

I never participated in the Daytona gathering. Looks like I've missed the better days.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I was there a couple of times ~15 years ago. Good times with friends. Seems like so many people now have lost common sense.

Our American society is crumbling. Civilized morals are decaying from within. We are going the way of Rome.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Our American society is crumbling. Civilized morals are decaying from within. We are going the way of Rome.

Sad but tue.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Taz View Post
    Sad but tue.
    I agree, my wife and I purchased a small condo in an older part of Daytona, a couple of blocks from the beach and 5 blocks from main street. My wife loves the beach and it is close enough to our home and jobs, 80 miles, that we can go over any weekend. We enjoy it however I can not believe how people treat the beach and city. Beer cans, wine bottles, and cigarette butts everywhere. I watch people, adults, and kids throw trash on the ground and walk away. Very sad.
    If I threw down trash and did not pick it up, my dad would have knocked me down next to it. Guess that is child abuse today. Anyway, bike week was scaled down. Less of everything. We don't participate in all of the stuff going on, still, we were careful and both of us have been vaccinated.

We did not buy the condo for bikeweek/biketoberfest. We actually like Daytona when no one else seems to be there!!!
    Last edited by valkmc; 03-18-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.