Newby needing information - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Newby needing information

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Make sure the brake recall was done.
    That gets said a lot but it wasn’t needed on all bikes. My 13 didn’t fall under the recall. I questioned the dealer when I bought it and also followed up with mother Honda. A person just needs to enter his VIN on the Honda website to find out if it was needed. A 15 should have been done before it was sold if it was.

These were the models and years under the 15V-700 NHTSA recall:

HONDA/GL1800/2001-2010, 2012-2015
    HONDA/GL1800A/2001-2005
    HONDA/GL1800B/2013-2015akes and years

Problem Description:
    American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2001-2010 and 2012-2015 GL1800, 2001-2005 GL1800A
    and 2013-2015 GL1800B motorcycles. The rear brakes of the affected motorcycles may drag after the brakes are released.

Consequence:
    A rear brake that drags may increase the risk of a vehicle crash. Additionally, extended riding with the rear brake dragging could
    generate enough heat to result in a fire.

Remedy:
    Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the secondary brake master cylinder and the rear brake master cylinder, and flush
    the brake fluid, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Honda customer
    service at 1-866-784-1870. Honda's number for this recall is JV6. Note: This recall supercedes recall 14V-472.

Mine was a 2015 and had to be brought back for the new secondary master brake cylinder. Which the service department promptly eff'ed up, had to bring it back THREE effing times and they also ended up buying me a new rear brake caliper, after they stripped out the bleed port. Asshats.
    Last edited by willtill; 03-23-2021 at 08:43 PM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thank you all for the brake recall heads up. I entered the vin number on the power sports honda website and it came back as no active recalls. The first owner must have taken care of it.

If your interested in doing your own maintenance, you may want to take a look at the Goldwing videos available from AngelFire or Cruiserman.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

When the dealership did the break recall they were supposed to take a center punch and make a mark on the frame just to the left of the rear master cylinder. Mines hard to see but it’s there. When you get a chance pull the right front side cover. The one where you check your engine oil.