Eyewear for full-face helmets
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyewear for full-face helmets

Eyewear for full-face helmets

I'm looking for suggestions on the best eyewear for use when I'm riding. I wear a Shoei full-face helmet, and I am probably going to need bifocals. Any suggestions is appreciated.

If your talking about prescription glasses I've been riding my entire 48 years with glasses. Never really thought about that, I've alway have to wear mine otherwise I'm blind as a bat. But wireframes with a thin side arms are what I wear and never have any problems getting them on. But it's second nature to me. Also The only full face helmets I wear now are the flip up modular, that makes it easier also. Hope that helps, or it's just rambling B.S !

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    If your talking about prescription glasses I've been riding my entire 48 years with glasses. Never really thought about that, I've alway have to wear mine otherwise I'm blind as a bat. But wireframes with a thin side arms are what I wear and never have any problems getting them on. But it's second nature to me. Also The only full face helmets I wear now are the flip up modular, that makes it easier also. Hope that helps, or it's just rambling B.S !
    That's good information, though, and I did not detect any BS!

Cool

The suggestion of metal frames is a good one. I’ve been wearing Shoei helmets sense the mid 1990s. I’ve warn eye glasses sense I was 3 years old, 63 years. The thin metal bows works really well especially if you have com speakers. The first time I had to add bifocals I pushed off putting them in my prescription sunglasses. A rather expensive mistake. Go ahead and try to look over the top of your glasses in the tiny slit of space between the top of the glasses and the opening edge of the helmet. You will show your age when you have to shut down the bike and remove your glasses to read a map. When you have 15 bikes waiting on the ride leader.

Contact lenses here (Monovision).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Tried them back in the 80's, couldn't stand them. Was living in Colorado at the time, my contacts dried out on my bike the whole time. Since I've always work on my own vehicles, I couldn't stand crap falling in my contacts under the laying under the vehicle, and the solutions for them for a year cost more than the glasses did. Thant that's just me,
    But that is a good solution for other folks.

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    Tried them back in the 80's, couldn't stand them. Was living in Colorado at the time, my contacts dried out on my bike the whole time. Since I've always work on my own vehicles, I couldn't stand crap falling in my contacts under the laying under the vehicle, and the solutions for them for a year cost more than the glasses did. Thant that's just me,
    But that is a good solution for other folks.
    All of you guys are the best. Thanks for the advice...and I have got to switch to bifocals when riding...I have no choice in the matter!

i also wear glasses. Just picked up another modular HJC helmet. Some helmet models advertise that they have slots or have the helmet pads located so they don't interfere with glasses. This new helmet works fine with my specs. I do have a Shoei Neotec, that works too. My glasses are metal frames, and are thin style.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    There are bifocal contacts available also.

I've had real problems with clearly seeing signs on my previous Honda VTX 1800. I wear bifocals and have Scorpion EXO helmets with "KwikFit" pads for glasses. I could see okay but not read street names of road numbers until it was too late.

Changing to the F6B with the 12" Baggershield windshield fixed everything. No problems now at all.

I tried bifocal and monofocal contacts for several weeks each, but just never got used to them.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.