Accessories that don't work out: - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accessories that don't work out:

I had a standard plastic non-adjustable Go Cruise that came with a used bike I purchased, it did not hold the throttle very long either. When I purchased one for my F6b, I got the adjustable, aluminum model. I holds the throttle very well. Not the best throttle lock I have owned, but it requires no alteration to the grip to install and works OK.

Another accessory that did not work out for me -Mustang seat - The lower seat position increased the bend in my knees and made my legs comfortable. But, the lower seat position was fun to ride in the twisties.

Shark Skins (original Grip "Bubbies") - I got them to help with my hand numbness. They did not help. My guess is nothing is going to help my hand numbness. I think it is nerve damage from years of riding a bicycle. But, the foam is better than the Grip "Puppies". It is closed celled on the outside and is not as spongy. I am going to place an ad for them soon, $15 including shipping. Original price, $25 online.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Some of my purchases weren't ~bad~, but I either found no benefit or found things that I liked better.

The Grip puppies didn't really do anything for me,,, Had 'em before on other bikes, didn't really do anything for me there either, but the wife (with far smaller hands than me) likes 'em.

Windshields is another one, but Jeez, who here HASN'T been down that road!?!?

Go-Cruise w/ tie-wrap works good and provides excellent 'bang for the buck', but ended up going with a Kaoko after it was all said and done. ('Cleaner', more integrated install, more precise)

I found a good deal for Baker foot wings and front lower wings. Put them on my bike, and the first left handed on ramp they wear ripped off.
    I guess I need to slow down.
    Good thing I didn't pay full price for these things because they where pricey.

7 inch Front fender extender. Some say it can make the rear front fender break. Mine broke, not sure why,,, Extender is now in the attic,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I found a good deal for Baker foot wings and front lower wings. Put them on my bike, and the first left handed on ramp they wear ripped off.
    I guess I need to slow down.
    Good thing I didn't pay full price for these things because they where pricey.
    Yep, installed the foot wings and lost one the first time I passed an 18 wheeler. I didn't even stop to look for it. Threw the other one in the trash at the first gas stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I posted this on another thread. Place a small zip tie in the hole closest to the grip and tighten it to the tension you desire. Works really well.

Attachment 294
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago when I first installed the GoCruise. It would just gradually release the throttle. I visited their web site to look at some pictures and I noticed I had it on upside down. Just the way your picture shows. Once I turned the piece 180deg over it now works great. Try it it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Skully View Post
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago when I first installed the GoCruise. It would just gradually release the throttle. I visited their web site to look at some pictures and I noticed I had it on upside down. Just the way your picture shows. Once I turned the piece 180deg over it now works great. Try it it works.
    http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Holes on top,,, Just like the vid,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Holes on top,,, Just like the vid,,,
    Sorry. I stand corrected. It is working for me the other way. I will keep tinkering with it.

You can slap it on any-way ya want,,, lube it up with peanut butter,,, but if it works for ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kury ISO grips, I never could get them just right. I like the idea but the product was poorly designed and ended up getting rid of them.