Ultimate seat question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate seat question

Ultimate seat question

I have a 2013 f6b deluxe and just purchased a ultimate seat. When installing it last night I noticed that my backrest
    mounting hardware really digs into the rear of seat. The hardware is not sharp but over time it may be a issue. Anyone with a deluxe have this issue? I also use the OEM luggage rack. Thanks for all help you guys give. This is my first post but have been here awhile.

You'll (the back of the seat) will be fine. My backrest does the same. I have removed my backrest bracket several times and it does not damage the Ultimate seat. I'll attach a picture showing you mine in a minute.

Last edited by willtill; 04-09-2021 at 07:45 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I've got a used Ultimate seat I bought from another F6B guy who must have had a Deluxe. There is a permanent crease where the passenger back rest must have pushed into the seat. Even though the crease is permanent I don't see any damage or real wear on the seat.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Thanks for the reply’s

I’m not trying to hijack a thread, so my apologies in advance. Just a quick question for you folks that have the ultimate seat. Did you go the King or mid and why?

I am thinking of getting the King to push me back a bit, I’ll just get the handle bar risers to move them back as well. I am only 5’10’ and a 32” inseam, so I should get the mid/regular seat, but I was thinking the extra leg room would be nice. Trying to get some pressure off my hips and stretch my legs a bit more.

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated

Your physical stature really falls right in the middle of either selecting a King or mid sized Ultimate seat. I agonized the longest over it. I finally chose the King because I wanted "wiggle room" while in the saddle and felt that the King was best for that. My metrics are 5'10" 215 pounds and inseam is 30"

I do have handlebar risers too but wish that my reach for the bars was still less. I just can't commit to buying those expensive Helibars with the possibility that they will not improve my reach. The throttle cables really concern me, they are already tight just with the handlebar risers.
    Last edited by willtill; 04-15-2021 at 05:07 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Inhad Ultimate King on my F6B. I am 6'1" 275 and it fit great. I would say if you under 6' and under 240 pounds The king is going to be a stretch to the bars.

You won't get much help from me either. I'm 6'3" and enjoy the KING seat.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Thanks for the reply Guys. It sounds like the King seat would make the reach for the bars a bit much, even with risers.

I don’t want to cause an issue with the reach and my back/shoulder pains just to get more leg room. That’s is a game you can’t win. I’ll go with the regular mid seat from Ultimate. I saw a used one posted somewhere for sale recently, might be gone now.

I'm about 6' 185 lbs and inseam is 32. I bought a barely used King from a rider in TN. It fits me great on my 14 F6BD. Not uncomfortable stretch at all and my feet are flat on the road at a stop if i want them to be.