Quote Originally Posted by masonmike View Post
Problem solved! It was probably the reset by disconnecting the battery, that initially resolved the problem. Those damn gremlins! I'm sorry the solution wasn't more technical. Yes, I feel like an dummy, but a very happy dummy. Thanks again for all your interest.
Glad you got it fixed and it wasn't a bigger and expensive problem. (DOH! I completely forgot to look at my service manual yesterday.) You've learned electronics rule number one: It's usually the last thing somebody messed with!

Quote Originally Posted by masonmike View Post
Thanks for all your interest and the many suggestions guys. I decided to take the suggestion and carefully double check the fuse box...(W)hen initially checking out the problem, I must have put the fuse for the clock back in the wrong spot. Behold!!! Now the clock works, as well as the radio! Yet, the radio has it's own separate fuse, which was perfectly fine. Another mystery?
Probably the fuse box shape and SOME of the fuses are the same. Obviously different models have different electrical circuits and fuses but the layout is usually close. The "clock" fuse will be constantly powered so the clock keeps time when the key is off. Probably, that same 12VDC is needed to keep the radio stations memory the AUX USB selection, and individual audio settings stored. Must also be something beyond those needs to operate the radio. The ACC/Audio fuse is keyed through the ACC relay.