I know this went a little off topic, and thankfully the original problem was solved, however yesterday I got to see how newer vehicles store all the information we enter. My 4 year old car's battery was getting a bit questionable, thanks to sitting in the garage a lot during the year of COVID, so I replaced it. The car has a fairly high-end infotainment system, with satellite radio, nav system, and Sirius 'Travel Link' providing live traffic info and weather maps along with gas prices and even ski conditions.

When I powered it up the clock was an hour behind, so I assume it grabbed the non-daylight savings time from a GPS satellite. The tire pressures were blank, but those should refresh as soon as I drive it. But everything else I checked was there. It still has my AM/FM/sat radio presets. It has the Bluetooth pairing settings for 3 phones. It kept my memorized seat position. And it also has the recent POI addresses I searched for in the nav system. So it looks like newer vehicles are using flash RAM or some other kind of non-volatile memory to save most of the data we enter.