Women Riders - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Women Riders

I'm lucky!!

I'm one of the fortunate husbands who's lovely wife insisted on riding her own! I'm loving it!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc1500 View Post
    I have some questions I would like to ask female riders of the F6B. I really think I would like to buy one, but I am not sure about a few things. Is it hard to back up? Is it hard to reach the handlebars? etc, etc

If any women have the time to discuss my concerns, please send me a private message.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.
    Bikerdoc, the F6B is not hard to back up... however, I try to not park downhill in stalls... meaning, I'll try to avoid backing out uphill if possible. If I do find myself in a jam and I don't have a friend with me...I'll just pump the front suspension to get myself out of the jam. For me, it's not hard at all to reach the handlebars. But I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. I also have a Mustang seat, which drops you down an inch and back about an inch... so you're riding in the bike instead of on it. You may benefit having a Mustang seat to lower yourself to the ground more.

When I demoed both the full GW and the F6B, I noticed it was easier to flat foot the GW because it had a narrower seat and the seat was higher. On the F6B, the seat height is lower, however the seat is a lot wider. What may also help you is to wear boots with a higher outsole... so you can touch the ground easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc1500 View Post
    Thanks for all the information concerning your wive's handling of the F6B. Helps me not to worry about giving up the Gold Wing with reverse. I would like to know if the Mustang seat changed her seating position from stock? And since I am 5" shorter than her, do you think the Kury riser extensions be the best choice for me also? Appreciate any opinions.
    She says the Mustang seems to be a little lower & back a teeny bit. I think it pushes me forward a bit.
    Regardless, she needed the risers pulled back & up, I guess she has shorter arms than I do.
    The Ultimate Mid-Rider on my F6B does sit me up a tad higher but seemed to keep distance to the bars the same.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Thanks for the advice on different seats and risers about parking and backing up the F6B. I am flat footed on the Gold Wing 1800, stretching my legs and having the suspension at 4 setting.

Is the Mustang seat less wide than stock?

Now I need to find a dealer that will let me test ride.