Mineral Wells-Luckenbach

Thread: Mineral Wells-Luckenbach

Mineral Wells-Luckenbach

A couple of us are going to make a quick ride to the area next wkd. Any “must see” rides in the area? We plan on being in Mineral Wells Thursday night, down to Luckenbach Fri for a beverage then back to MW for the night. Like I said, it’s a quick ride as the plan is to be in KC by noon Sunday.

Between Burnet & Marble Falls take a quick detour on Park Rd. 4 to the rest area, it is only a couple of miles & you get a nice view of Falkenstein Castle, There are also 2 steep low spots on 4 that if you are inclined to hit at an excessive rate of speed will make your stomach go to your feet like a roller coaster.
    Hondos in Fredericksburg has a donut burger that is Fantastic!
    The Willow City Loop is a nice ride and there use to be a watering hole on the loop but not sure if it survived COVID

Sounds like you're be missing the Hill Country Run this weekend (Today, Saturday, Sunday) in Luckenbach, which is good because it'll be $60 to just GET TO the bar in Luckenbach.

Go to Google Maps and look at State Park Rd 4, a public road, just east of Inks Lake. You should also be able to locate Reverend Jim's Dam Pub which is a popular bike stop on just west on 29.

vmax88 is correct, Willow City Loop north of Willow City is good and the stop "Mike's on the Loop" is hit or miss during the week and due to Covid.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Thx for the tips, like a said, basically a 1 day trip but it will give us a feel on whether or not to plan a longer one.

If you where smarter than me and had actually READ the link I posted...The Hill Country Run is THIS coming weekend, April 29-May 1. You will find hundreds of bikes in and around the area.

I'm gonna suggest a different stop than Luckenbach. Pecan Grove Store will still be busy with bikers but you won't pay $60 to get in. 5244 N. Hwy 16, Fredericksburg, Texas.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    If you where smarter than me and had actually READ the link I posted...The Hill Country Run is THIS coming weekend, April 29-May 1. You will find hundreds of bikes in and around the area.

I'm gonna suggest a different stop than Luckenbach. Pecan Grove Store will still be busy with bikers but you won't pay $60 to get in. 5244 N. Hwy 16, Fredericksburg, Texas.
    Lol, I looked at the link but wasn’t smart enough for the dates to register ���� That might change plans up. The whole idea of the trip was 1 of the guys just had to have a beer in Luckenbach. Like the song I guess. No beer is worth $60. Thx for the heads up