Kuryakyn Ergo III
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuryakyn Ergo III

Kuryakyn Ergo III

I just ordered the Kuryakyn Ergo III Blk Cruise Mounts w/ Trident Dually ISO pegs. I'm anxious to get these. Any of you have a thought Maybe I should of asked before I bought! Thanks just the same.

No worries I just replaced my Rivco pegs for good reasons, and back to Kury for the main reason that is Dependable and has more flexibility in positioning, I think you made a good choice.
    And yes I purchased the same set-up

This doesn't really answer you directly, but, since we both posted about the Ultimate King seat...I've got the Ergo II w/Trident pegs and am very happy. Not sure I'd like longer Ergo IIIs. Again, I'm 6'3" and have the pegs mounted all the way forward and straight out. I can put my "arches" on the pegs with bended knees or my entire foot OVER the pegs with straight knees.

On quality, my previous Honda VTX had "chrome" Kuryakyn parts that didn't hold up very well. Currently the black paint is doing fine.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    No worries I just replaced my Rivco pegs for good reasons, and back to Kury for the main reason that is Dependable and has more flexibility in positioning, I think you made a good choice.
    And yes I purchased the same set-up
    Morning Max, Great minds think a like. On another note I did take of the exhaust shields and sprayed them black to match the pipes I got from you and it looks great! I do good work. I'll send you a pick and you'll see the mounts that I just took off the bike. They were chrome but didn't like where my feet would be. I hope these new Ergo III will do the trick. Thx.

To add info to SeaSteve post, I'm 6'4" with 33" inseam and size 15 boot, I had Ergo 2 several bikes back, it was ok, however for the same reason posted by SeaSteve I in addition find that the Ergo111 offers even more flexibility/versatility for the angles I pursue, one size does not fit all
    Last edited by maxrider; 04-23-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    This doesn't really answer you directly, but, since we both posted about the Ultimate King seat...I've got the Ergo II w/Trident pegs and am very happy. Not sure I'd like longer Ergo IIIs. Again, I'm 6'3" and have the pegs mounted all the way forward and straight out. I can put my "arches" on the pegs with bended knees or my entire foot OVER the pegs with straight knees.

On quality, my previous Honda VTX had "chrome" Kuryakyn parts that didn't hold up very well. Currently the black paint is doing fine.

Thanks Steve, I have Kuryakyn on my Valkyrie and yes I'll agree, the chrome is nothing spectacular after a few years. I guess they figure that and looking for the replacement orders.
    Thx

Farside - I have those same units on my F6b. They're really nicely made. Most of the time, I ride with my feet on the normal pegs, but it's nice to have options to shift around on longer rides. Everyone seems to set them up differently, but I have them set so that when they are deployed with weight on them, they're about 10-11" from the front of my pegs and about 5" higher. I can ride for a bit with my foot on the peg, then shift to having my heel on the peg with the toes on the highway peg, then shift to use the highway peg only (in the arch of the boot), or rest my heel on top of the highway peg. Minor adjustments/changes have a huge impact on longer ride comfort, at least to me.

One minor downside is that the spring hub on the mounting point sticks out quite a bit. If you mount them horizontal to the ground (i.e. the outside tip of the hub at the same height as the inside mounting point) the outer part of the hub touches down before the rest of the engine guard. To me, it seems that one could actually have that touch down to pavement before the peg feelers do, and it was a bit concerning to me to have hard parts (i.e. not hinged pegs) touching down first. For that reason I run mine mounted with the units tipped up slightly on the outside, better matching the contour of the engine guard. See the photo below.

PXL_20210104_185814033.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Farside - I have those same units on my F6b. They're really nicely made. Most of the time, I ride with my feet on the normal pegs, but it's nice to have options to shift around on longer rides. Everyone seems to set them up differently, but I have them set so that when they are deployed with weight on them, they're about 10-11" from the front of my pegs and about 5" higher. I can ride for a bit with my foot on the peg, then shift to having my heel on the peg with the toes on the highway peg, then shift to use the highway peg only (in the arch of the boot), or rest my heel on top of the highway peg. Minor adjustments/changes have a huge impact on longer ride comfort, at least to me.
    One minor downside is that the spring hub on the mounting point sticks out quite a bit. If you mount them horizontal to the ground (i.e. the outside tip of the hub at the same height as the inside mounting point) the outer part of the hub touches down before the rest of the engine guard. To me, it seems that one could actually have that touch down to pavement before the peg feelers do, and it was a bit concerning to me to have hard parts (i.e. not hinged pegs) touching down first. For that reason I run mine mounted with the units tipped up slightly on the outside, better matching the contour of the engine guard. See the photo below.

PXL_20210104_185814033.jpg
    Nice, thanks Rdbonds. Good info and i do like the options. I'll start with a mount similair to where you have yours mounted I believe.

Great advice rdbonds, forgot to mention that in my post, but so true.

I'm 6'4" with 33" inseam and size 15 boot.
    33" INSEAM??? I'm 6'3" with a 35" inseam. I want to run a foot race against YOU!

I in addition find that the Ergo111 offers even more flexibility/versatility for the angles I pursue, one size does not fit all
    I may have to give the Ergo III's a second look.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.