Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
Farside - I have those same units on my F6b. They're really nicely made. Most of the time, I ride with my feet on the normal pegs, but it's nice to have options to shift around on longer rides. Everyone seems to set them up differently, but I have them set so that when they are deployed with weight on them, they're about 10-11" from the front of my pegs and about 5" higher. I can ride for a bit with my foot on the peg, then shift to having my heel on the peg with the toes on the highway peg, then shift to use the highway peg only (in the arch of the boot), or rest my heel on top of the highway peg. Minor adjustments/changes have a huge impact on longer ride comfort, at least to me.
One minor downside is that the spring hub on the mounting point sticks out quite a bit. If you mount them horizontal to the ground (i.e. the outside tip of the hub at the same height as the inside mounting point) the outer part of the hub touches down before the rest of the engine guard. To me, it seems that one could actually have that touch down to pavement before the peg feelers do, and it was a bit concerning to me to have hard parts (i.e. not hinged pegs) touching down first. For that reason I run mine mounted with the units tipped up slightly on the outside, better matching the contour of the engine guard. See the photo below.

PXL_20210104_185814033.jpg
Nice, thanks Rdbonds. Good info and i do like the options. I'll start with a mount similair to where you have yours mounted I believe.