Oil Change Question..NO It’s not Oil! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Change Question..NO It’s not Oil!

Agree with folks that the first diff change is supposed to happen later at 24K miles. That said, I did mine at 600 miles with the break-in oil change (literally when I got home from buying it new at Honda of Russellville in Arkansas). So far it has not burst into flames or otherwise objected to that error from 2014.

I'm really, really surprised/impressed that this has not yet degraded into a discussion of what TYPE of oil we each prefer.

My 2 cents...I let the oil drain overnight. I also, a few times before going to bed, sit on the seat, grab the front brake, and bounce up and down on the seat while rocking left and right. Each time I do this I get another small but steady stream of oil for several minutes. EDIT: and I go Varooom...Varoom too! Now everyone knows my secrets.

EDIT: If your spending more $$ than the cost of Rotella, YOU'RE a FOOL!!!
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 05-03-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    My 2 cents...I let the oil drain overnight. I also, a few times before going to bed, sit on the seat, grab the front brake, and bounce up and down on the seat while rocking left and right. Each time I do this I get another small but steady stream of oil for several minutes.

EDIT: If your spending more $$ than the cost of Rotella, YOU'R a FOOL!!!
    it's You're

-or- Yer

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Woohoo! Now we're talking!

Fierce oil brand loyalty, name callin' and grammer correctin'. I knew all it would take is a good oil thread to get everybody going!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    My 2 cents...I let the oil drain overnight. I also, a few times before going to bed, sit on the seat, grab the front brake, and bounce up and down on the seat while rocking left and right.
    Do you also go Varooom...Varoom too?
    ,I do

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Woohoo! Now we're talking!

Fierce oil brand loyalty, name callin' and grammer correctin'. I knew all it would take is a good oil thread to get everybody going!

let's

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyQuest View Post
    Are you sure? I did change it already. Should I talk to a Honda service manager about it, if they’d know anything?
    Lots of discussion on the differential oil change. My dealer changed mine at 1500 miles. I got 75000 now, and no issues. I questioned my dealer, too. He said they have done this to every Gold Wing they ever sold, since the Wings were 1st made, and never had an issue on any. So, be your own judge. And congrats on the Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Lots of discussion on the differential oil change. My dealer changed mine at 1500 miles. I got 75000 now, and no issues. I questioned my dealer, too. He said they have done this to every Gold Wing they ever sold, since the Wings were 1st made, and never had an issue on any. So, be your own judge. And congrats on the Bike!
    Thanks!
    Im enjoying wrenching on it than I think riding it. Did do the oil & FD change, I noticed a smoother difference in shifting.
    Just could be me. Also put some fresh gas in it since it’s been sitting a while.
    Next up is the radiator fluid/brake/clutch fluid change.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyQuest View Post
    Thanks!
    Im enjoying wrenching on it than I think riding it. Did do the oil & FD change, I noticed a smoother difference in shifting.
    Just could be me. Also put some fresh gas in it since it’s been sitting a while.
    Next up is the radiator fluid/brake/clutch fluid change.
    Pour that new coolant in REEEEAAAAL slowly while on the side stand. Trust me, you'll get more in that way initially. Also make sure you burp it with the throttle per the manual at the end of the procedure. She'll take a little more...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537