Wanted Long distance riders
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Long distance riders

Wanted Long distance riders

Looking for some like-minded F6B/Goldwing riders or whatever has 2 wheels in the So Cal area who are interested in long-distance riding events.

Have done an IronButt SS with my buddy, went smooth with the F6B, and looking for some other ones to complete.

The IBA website has several options, and it would be nice to go with like-minded individuals who can hang that long, on avg 19 hrs for a 1000 mile trip, and that is with gas stops and food, pee breaks, avg speed 80 or so.

I figure I reach out here for potential riders since my pool is pretty slim

Here is IBA link: https://www.ironbutt.org/
    Last edited by maxrider; 04-29-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Okay, I'm caving in after I got some sage advice from other IBA members, Finding a riding partner or partners for LD riding can be a challenge. For successful group rides, you need everyone to be on the same page, need stops at similar times, have similar ranges, and other needs. Not everyone meshes together well.

So being what it is, riding my BunBurner 1500 miles 36 hrs on Monday, SOLO , and hopefully my riding buddy recovers soon.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    Okay, I'm caving in after I got some sage advice from other IBA members, Finding a riding partner or partners for LD riding can be a challenge. For successful group rides, you need everyone to be on the same page, need stops at similar times, have similar ranges, and other needs. Not everyone meshes together well.

So being what it is, riding my BunBurner 1500 miles 36 hrs on Monday, SOLO , and hopefully my riding buddy recovers soon.
    Good luck my friend, I do wish I could have done this with you as all I have is the 1K miles in 24hrs under my belt.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I did the SaddleSore 1000 and BunBurrner 1500, at the same time, last year, SOLO. I wouldn't have made it if I had to coordinate with someone else. I was much quicker and stress free solo.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

The longest I ever rode in one day was from my area near Baltimore to Atlanta, roughly 720+/- miles in 12 hours or so. That ride kicked my butt after I arrived that evening.

Went to Traxxion the next day though, and got me new front suspension!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Yup, there is Wisdom in those words, although my riding partner was excellent since we both have F6B's and know each other riding style well.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    The longest I ever rode in one day was from my area near Baltimore to Atlanta, roughly 720+/- miles in 12 hours or so. That ride kicked my butt after I arrived that evening.

Went to Traxxion the next day though, and got me new front suspension!
    The longest ride for me was Detroit Michigan to Macon Ga. 811 miles. I was on a 1998 Valk with no windshield. I was having clutch problems (rivets in clutch basket letting loose). Common with some Valks. Did I-75 all the way and only used the clutch to stop and get started after gas. Didn't use it to shift 2nd thru 5th. Made it home to Ocala the following day but, but my arse was dragging.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.

F6B with custom seat(Legendary-Bill Mayers)) will do the trick, Ma...dt windshield and Ergo 111 and cruise control, and Helibars for super comfort, and stop for gas every 100 miles or so and to powder the nose or stretch.
    Last edited by maxrider; 05-08-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    F6B with custom seat will do the trick, Ma...dt windshield and Ergo 111 and cruise control, and Helibars for super comfort, and stop for gas every 100 miles or so and to powder the nose or stretch.
    My set up other than the shield and cruise control I use a Daylong saddle and Helibars with the Ergo lll for the most comfortable ride ever.
    I look forward to your report on the trip.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

The trip went smooth as silk, the BEAST just won't let you down, short of a little temp drop at 7000 ft+ at 3AM 27 degrees in Utah going to Vegas it was comfortable and fast riding the F6B.

I rode my Corona-Salt lake city-Las vegas route 1593 miles within 33 hours, and that was with sleeping in a hotel for a nap , so I got my BunBurner out the way, next to my Silver BunBurner 1500 miles within 30 hrs , looking so forward to it.

This was my first SOLO trip, and yes it is quiet in the headset, without your buddy's conversation, so the music made up the difference, it is manageable.
    Last edited by maxrider; 05-16-2021 at 11:16 AM.