Dealer story - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealer story

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I'm sure the dealership charged you the allowable time for each "individual" service job, even though they where combined and done within the same hours. I didn't see Air Filter Change on the list which would make $816 more sensible.

It is true you can't be sure any one or all the service jobs where actually done. Unfortunately, the only way to be sure is to do it yourself.

I "usually" find doing my own maintenance is therapeutic. Right up until...something goes wrong. I will NEVER try to mount my own tires on rims again.
    No air filter change yet. I have another place to try next time right in my town. I called them first, but they were backlogged two months. Then, I see a friend I went to elementary school with. He still has his fathers GW running at nearly 200,000 miles. He asked me why I didn’t go there. I told him then he says, next time call me....that’s my best friend. So....maybe next service will be less stressful lol. I’ve done all my own tires, as I have connections in the area, but even that I might not attempt. I’m not rich but sometimes certain things are a young mans game.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    Wjduke For you to put you mind at ease About if the dealer did what you paid for.
    Oil should smell rather clean and be light on the dip stick, the brake and clutch will be lighter threw sight glasses
    No help with coolant due to using aftermarket coolant.
    But you should make sure the levels are correct!
    I tried to look at the clutch and brake fluids, but honestly, I couldn’t tell. I’m going with the premise that it’s done and moving on at this point. I do need to just pull some covers and check the rest, but it’s ride time now and up here we can’t waste too many days.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.