Covid 19 has you looking for something to do? Check this out!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 has you looking for something to do? Check this out!

Covid 19 has you looking for something to do? Check this out!

Hello form,
    2019 I bought a 2018 Husqvarna TE300 with the intent to race Hare scrambles. Growing up in the PNW trail/motocross racing is what I did as a kid. Anyways I recorded all my races and posted them on my YouTube page -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmZKxE4w_qUog6_y38oSnQ. My YouTube name is kolsch221 T. My goal was to finish the race and not get last, well I did way better than I ever dreamed of. I ended up getting 3rd place overall in the NMA off-road racing series senior C class.
    So what’s a Hare Scramble you might asked;
    It’s a course anywhere from 7 to 20 miles one lap, You get 1.5 hours to get as many laps as possible.
    The classes are either by age or riding experience. The course are different they usually start on motocross track then trails, single track “ super tight trails” sometimes endure course, logs, loader tires and whatever else they dream up. Lol.
    I would say my favorite one was the Rimrock GP. It’s held every year on the Eastside of the Cascade mountains about 40 miles from Yakima. They race it in October once the reservoir is about 80% dried up, really high speed and some deep mud. 42 people in my class and I got 2nd place.
    I plan on racing the 2020 season, but the first four races have been cancelled. Hopefully soon we can get back at it. I hope you enjoy the videos!!
    Stay safe....
    Cale

I ride with the Wisconsin Dual-Sport riders, club. 2 events each year, in northern Wi. The 1st WAS going to be the 1st weekend in June. Usually about 400 riders, in 3 classes, 200 mile off road events. A novice off road course, the Dual- sport course, and another for the big, Adventure bikes, as they would never make it thru the Dual- sport course. Well, sadly, the June event has been cancelled, due to Covid-19. Everybody makes a 3-4 day event from these events, all camping in a large park. Well the Government says we can't do that now. Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolsch View Post
    Hello form,
    2019 I bought a 2018 Husqvarna TE300 with the intent to race Hare scrambles. Growing up in the PNW trail/motocross racing is what I did as a kid. Anyways I recorded all my races and posted them on my YouTube page -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmZKxE4w_qUog6_y38oSnQ. My YouTube name is kolsch221 T. My goal was to finish the race and not get last, well I did way better than I ever dreamed of. I ended up getting 3rd place overall in the NMA off-road racing series senior C class.
    So what’s a Hare Scramble you might asked;
    It’s a course anywhere from 7 to 20 miles one lap, You get 1.5 hours to get as many laps as possible.
    The classes are either by age or riding experience. The course are different they usually start on motocross track then trails, single track “ super tight trails” sometimes endure course, logs, loader tires and whatever else they dream up. Lol.
    I would say my favorite one was the Rimrock GP. It’s held every year on the Eastside of the Cascade mountains about 40 miles from Yakima. They race it in October once the reservoir is about 80% dried up, really high speed and some deep mud. 42 people in my class and I got 2nd place.
    I plan on racing the 2020 season, but the first four races have been cancelled. Hopefully soon we can get back at it. I hope you enjoy the videos!!
    Stay safe....
    Cale
    Thanks for the vids...they brought back many memories. I remember when I was much younger(in the 1960s) riding TT scrambles and Flat Tracking on much lesser quality bikes and loving it(90cc Hodaka and a 305 Honda scrambler).

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I purchased a KTM 300 xc-w and KTM 250 xc-w for my grandson and I to ride in the woods. It has been a bast but I think this beast will kill me long before the F6. I have since discovered hare scrambles and hope to some day compete/complete in at least one event.

Thanks for sharing. That Starvation Ridge night lap looks like a lot of fun. Right speed, right gear, right lighting, trying to not to outrun your skill and adrenaline. I've started on dirt bikes at the age of 6 and really miss it. The body and back says hell not anymore but my mind says Giddy Up.

You have to do one. It’s a blast. ��������
    Last edited by Kolsch; 05-09-2020 at 12:41 PM.

lloyfmoore; we got second place those canucks beat us. Lol.
    That was the 24 hrs of starvation ridge, we had 5 guys so you would do 1 lap then wait. It was a different animal at night for sure. This year will be awesome, if it happens. ��

I was set to enter my first enduro this spring. The “lost in Lodi“ race, part of the Appalachian championship enduro series. It too has been postponed.

https://www.lostinlodi.com/

I have been a woods rider but my son really wants to race. They have team races for us to race together and I thought I could get a feel for what to expect before we go as a team. I upgraded him to a CRF150R last season and he is in love with the power.

How do you like the husky? I have my eye on the ktm 300 tpi but have heard I may fit better on the husky as I am only 5’7”.

Hands down the BEST woods/trail bike I’ve ever had. Since KTM is a Husky it’s a win win. I was originally looking at the Xcf 350 four stroke. But after further research I was going towards the XCW300 six days, until I went into the dealership. The best bang for your buck all around was the TE300. It reminds me of Chevy and GMC. Husky is the GMC. Lol. Te has the same wide ratio transmission as the XCW and it has linkage rear suspension. My son also raced the crf150r, that bike rips!! Sad thing I was raised on a Honda but KTM took over the off road market. Maybe someday Honda will get back into it.

I too have found something new to do! I bought a 1978 gl 1000, its in real nice condition but still needs going over and parts replace and rebuilt to make it as road worthy as I would like. I've allways wanted a old wing and this one is all origanal, Naked 200 lbs less weight than the F6, at 66 years old this may turn into my daily riderIMG_1089.jpg