Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
Well I have to admit Im about to turn 63 this year and my bike will never go into the Stealership again unless under grave conditions and only supervised repairs. I change my own brakes, oil, tires differential oil, and put on all of the added extras that I purchase. I had a terrible experience and it has to be supervised now.
All of these metric Stealerships up here are less than sincere when it comes to repairing/maintaining your motorcycle. Lying to your face about repairs, damaging your bike, etc. Every single time it used to be; when I would bring in my past bikes for a tire change or recall, or warranty work.

Ya, it sometimes sucks to have to wrench yourself. And at many of our ages, it's no fun getting down on all fours and crawling around under your bike at times. But it is necessity, for what rides on the bike is way too important to trust to a young ill trained "motorcycle technician" at a Stealership service department.

But you know what? When YOU do it, the work is done right; better than anyone else can do it, and money saved for other things.

What even burns me up more is the actual act of cheating and deceiving about a repair or maintenance job that was either never done, or done improperly. They may as well just be pick pocketing you.