gas in the smokies?

Thread: gas in the smokies?

gas in the smokies?

Got a big trip planed for 9 riders this coming weekend, May 14 thru 18. If you folks in the area (Gatlinburg south to the Georgia-N C state line and east towards Ashville Lake Lure area) have any updates about gas availability it would be appreciated.

Went through this a few years ago and it was a bit of a hassle. I know it all depends on the pipeline folks gettin their act together, just hoping that you can shed some light on just how bad it is. The news makes it sound like there is a "gas apocalypse" but they just concentrate on the big towns. How is it so far out where the roads are?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Rode down the Blue Ridge Parkway and got down to Pigeon Forge Monday night. No problems with gas. Then later yesterday everyone coming up from Cherokee and south in NC said most stations out of gas.
    Filled up last night in Pigeon Forge, multiple stations were out of 93 octane (I have the Harley with me) and the station we filled up at changed to Cash only to slow down sales and people filling up just to fill up using credit cards.

Bad weekend to ride the east coast unfortunately, due to the fuel distribution problems.

In not that we have no fuel. We just don't have adequate distribution of it due to the Colonial pipeline being hacked.

I miss Trump.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Panhandle of Florida has been experiencing outages and lines.
    Tanker trucks are resupplying Gasoline stations overnight. Most Gas stations have fuel in the morning until around 2-3 pm.

When riding, I carry a full 1 gallon red plastic Gas jug in one of my saddlebags as my "emergency fuel".

Looks like the Pipeline is up and running, things should be back to normal in the next 3-5 days.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Gas shortages, lumber shortages, microchip shortages, ammo shortages, new car and truck shortages, worker shortages... And high inflation too. Sounds a little like Venezuela!

At least we still got beer!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    At least we still got beer!
    Wisconsin always has beer! I visited a relative who worked for Leinenkugel's years ago, and he took me on a tour of the Chippewa Falls area. They had bars everywhere! We'd drive down a gravel road and behind a barn there was a bar. If the beer ran out in Wisconsin there'd be some very angry people.

Yes sir, plenty of bars. I'm about 25 miles from the Leinenkugel's brewery. Good tasting products!