Air Bag Vests and our Wings

Thread: Air Bag Vests and our Wings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So after having done my DD on the subject, and pondering the issues, I finally arrived at what would work best for me.

The only issue which was not resolved, until I spoke with a factory rep, was the length of the tether strap. There is no mention in any literature I found about that subject.

They come with the option of standard and or long according to the rep, in which case I prefer long, due to the mounting point location of the F6B and my upper torse and riding style.

As far the other criteria for selecting the Helite Turtle 2 airbag-vest, was the ability to use my heated gear, no need for the oversize jacket to accommodate the expansion of the airbag, no electronics to fail, no send in after use with an associated cost, easy replacement cartridge on the spot to continue the ride and have use of the product, and better expansion than an internally worn vest, more expansion coverage for the critical area's.

But like the saying, one size does not fit all

Contact info, 1-510-595-3300, they offered a 10% discount, ironically "madmax" , shipped it free FedEx, and most big box stores are out of popular sizes, but the Reno warehouse had my size available in black.
    Last edited by maxrider; 05-19-2021 at 12:59 PM.