Tire purchase story - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire purchase story

My recent tire story: Ordered Elite 4s $569 from dealer in March. June 1, E4s still haven't left factory so I canceled order. Bought Bridgestones $325 on Wingstuff, had them in three days. With the money I saved I got the $225 Centramatics.

The Bridgestones are a great tire at a real bargain of a price. I don't know why the competition charges so much more.

I liked the Bridgestones, but I developed that flat spot in the center of the rear. We have some twisties here, but not much. I’m hoping with the dual compound, the E4’s will wear better. If not, I won’t spend the extra next time.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

By all reports, E4s do last longer. Some folks report a bit of squirrelly action on tar snakes in the wet. YMMV.

I typically run the Bridgestones and get ~8K miles out of them (that is, if I don't pick up a nail in the rear first). I swear they have magnets in them I'm too weird about tires to just plug them and keep going. I keep saying that one day I'll give it a shot. As it is, though...my last 4 have averaged 4K miles each before claimed by nails....so unless I change my ways and start plugging them, the longer life E4s won't do me any good.