Tire purchase story - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire purchase story

Bike is in the shop now, day three of a no more than two day promise. I’ve about had it with this shop. The work order didn’t match the quote. “ Oh, I entered the wrong labor rate.” Just before he said that, the other guy said it was that valve stems are extra. I was quoted an all in price. Typical dealership story as I ve always heard. My fault I guess, but I didn’t want to do this job myself, although I could have.
    Last edited by wjduke; 06-19-2021 at 08:21 AM.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

New tires

Just got my wake-up call on the tire condition, I should have known better, but thankfully my eagle eye buddies alerted me that I was coming up on the wear bar indicator of the tires.

But they looked so good .

I would have embarked on a 4K trip and been in deep S..t, remind yourself the "the wear bar", forget about the rest of the tire.

Thanks, Tim and JJ for looking out.

By the way, the new tires make your F6B ride even better than before, if this possible . Smooth.

It got better, really smooth-riding now, THE DARKSIDE, loving every minute of it, never ever going back to the crazy tire prices and lousy mileage, 3 new tires and 5 flats and one flatbed tow in 5 months, run-flats here I come.
    Last edited by maxrider; 07-07-2021 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Found the cure.

This story just continues. Got a call today, bike is finished. Fourth day after a promised no more than two. Ok, what’s the damage…$306.53. I was quoted $240 plus shop expenses. Think I saw $253 on the quote. Guy in the phone, not one of the service guys, says they put balance beads in them. Ok, that’s what I wanted in the first place, they said they didn’t use them, so I was going to settle for the spin balance. I can’t wait to pick it up. No calls to explain the spin to beads change, just toss on an extra $60, no big deal.
    Bettancourts Honda in West Bridgewater, MA. Been in business since 1964. I have no clue how.
    Last edited by wjduke; 06-21-2021 at 06:52 PM.

I can give you a partial clue, it is uninformed customers catering to their Stealership practices, and for prospective customers reading this and not making an informed decision is going to solidify the practice.

Yeah, it sucks you being taking advantage of, hope you find a better option in the future.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

They promise you anything just to get your bike in their shop.
    And then they start working on it and quit in the middle of the job to get the next victim in.
    They only stock the little things, oil, filters, plugs.
    They won't order anything till they have the bad part in their hands.
    They have more accessories on the shelf than parts.
    The best money is in new sales and acc's.
    If they didn't have to do warranty work, they wouldn't have a shop.
    Harding cycle in Canton Ohio, They close at noon so the employe's can take lunch. Don't open back up till 2:30.
    The show room has maybe a dozen bikes. More side by sides than anything else. All the sales staff are sitting at there desks.
    I stared straight at one for 5 minuets before he called me over to his desk.
    I walked over to hm and kept going out the door. With a smile of corse.
    Theres more to the story, but you get the picture.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    They promise you anything just to get your bike in their shop.
    And then they start working on it and quit in the middle of the job to get the next victim in.
    They only stock the little things, oil, filters, plugs.
    They won't order anything till they have the bad part in their hands.
    They have more accessories on the shelf than parts.
    The best money is in new sales and acc's.
    If they didn't have to do warranty work, they wouldn't have a shop.
    Harding cycle in Canton Ohio, They close at noon so the employe's can take lunch. Don't open back up till 2:30.
    The show room has maybe a dozen bikes. More side by sides than anything else. All the sales staff are sitting at there desks.
    I stared straight at one for 5 minuets before he called me over to his desk.
    I walked over to hm and kept going out the door. With a smile of corse.
    Theres more to the story, but you get the picture.
    Was just in there last week. Showroom is about 90% empty. Service seems to have 1 or 2 mechanics and has a 12 week wait for service appointments. Salesmen just sitting around playing on the computer....The parts department guys were working their asses off.

They gave me the feeling of dealing with a backyard mechanic, not a professional Honda dealership. As I said, I don’t know they stayed in business this long. Will, I hear you there. All I can say is I won’t be back, guarantee that.

Probably too late, but J&P Cycles has the Avon Cobra rear for $256.
    Last edited by Alvarez; 07-06-2021 at 07:32 PM.

I’ll try them next time maybe. I couldn’t take the chance to wait at the time I ordered.