New Member Saying Hello and Needs Purchase Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member Saying Hello and Needs Purchase Advice

New Member Saying Hello and Needs Purchase Advice

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Just joined because I want to purchase a F6b. Sorry I missed the one with 7k miles that just sold in the Classified Section.
    Thanks for reading. Be well and Ride Safely.
    Last edited by Tourer; 06-13-2021 at 10:59 AM.

I love my 2016. I traded an 02' Honda VTX cruiser with lots of power for a newer more reliable bike (F6B) with the same power, speed and better handling and I never looked back.

The 2015 and newer models come with cruise control and not a lot of "real extras." Mine came from the dealership with different pipes and windshield. I absolutely LOVE the Baggershield for it's perfect height (for me) and looks. Pipes look good but aren't better in the sound department. Too much "drone" in the helmet.

The saddlebags are big. I've got several soft bags that I strap on for touring and remove when I get there, giving me a sporty bike again. I get lots of complements on the style and the matte finish.

The only thing I miss is being able to spend money on hundreds of modifications. The bike just doesn't need much more.
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 06-07-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I purchased my 2013 brand new first in the area and have loved it ever since. The power, handling and overall look of this wing is fabulous. Hard to want or ride anything else on the market including the new wing. This bike has girth. Im 63 and love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bought a 2015 a few months ago and have put over 3k miles on it. So far I'm enjoying it more with every ride. I'm coming from an adventure touring bike (S10) so it has a very different posture. I absolutely love the engine and the ergonomics are very comfortable, including riding with pillion. The biggest disappointment is the suspension, mainly the front forks. I can't believe the 'Cadillac of motorcycles' comes with no adjustability to the front forks. Just installed a gear indicator unit and USB charger port. Fog lights arrive this week. I haven't toured (camped) with it yet to test out the side loading saddlebags but will be heading to West Virginia in two weeks.

You’re 8 years too late. Everyone’s trading em back in for the Harley they got rid of. JK. Best bike I’ve ever had and I’ve had lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    You’re 8 years too late. Everyone’s trading em back in for the Harley they got rid of. JK. Best bike I’ve ever had and I’ve had lots.
    Harley's are like foreskins. Most have had one but get rid of them quickly.

If you're in Marshville and you're considering going through a dealer.....the Honda dealer (the name escapes me at present) just east of you in Rockingham is a good place to start. Good pricing and a fairly trustworthy service dept.

No....I'm not related to them. Just a happy past customer.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Bought my 15 new and have enjoyed it since.

You get the Honda reliability and a great ride with lots of power.

There are a few things I would like to have from the full wing...reverse is probably the top. Its not really necessary, but there have been more than a few times it would have been nice..

A few of the other little creature comforts wouldn't be bad either, but since 99% of my riding is just me, the other stuff isn't as important.

I would stay 15 and newer just because of the cruise control. I have a hard time riding anything without now...especially more than just around town.
    2015 matte silver F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
    Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Just joined because I want to purchase a F6b. Am a 70 year old guy who lives in North Carolina. Have had 7 Goldwings over the years. The Mrs has health issues and cannot ride with me anymore. Sold the Goldwing and the Goldwing trike. Hated that trike. Bought a Kawasaki 900 Classic and really didn’t like the bike and just sold it. So it will only be me riding solo and no real touring.
    Want some opinions about the F6b as far as any issues and are there any particular years that seem to have less issues.
    Have found a 2015 F6b deluxe with 27k on it for $11000. Sorry I missed the one with 7k miles that just sold in the Classified Section. The bike I am looking at has no real extras. It is in good shape, new tires, and was maintained. What’s you feelings on this bike?
    Thanks for reading. Be well and Ride Safely.
    I'm 64 (nearly) and very happy with my 2016 deluxe. I think the centerstand of the deluxe is a must, nearly impossible to check the rear tire pressure without laying on your belly without a centerstand. Softer rear shock settings with more sag make it a lot harder to get on the centerstand by the way. And 60 series car tires seem to make it a little easier. Replace the stock rubber valve stems with rigid metal stems at the first tire change. They are safer and you can get rid of the plastic supports which don't work well anyway. My B has the most comfortable factory seat and the loudest factory horn of any bike I have ever owned. The headlights are better than any cage I've owned and the CC works as well or better than any vehicle I've ever owned. Love mine, do wish it was a little faster and louder though.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Greetings Tourer, I purchased my 14 F6B Deluxe in Nov. 2019. I sold my Valkyrie IS but will never sell my Valkyrie Tourer - Renegade. I'm loving my F6B. I believe you will too. The price sounds fair of the bike you describe and close by too. I had a 6 hr. ride to pick mine up! I did add Pathfinder lights and recently changed out the exhaust pipes to all black. I did paint the shield black too.
    Last edited by FarsideF6B; 06-10-2021 at 08:17 AM. Reason: adding comment