Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Just joined because I want to purchase a F6b. Am a 70 year old guy who lives in North Carolina. Have had 7 Goldwings over the years. The Mrs has health issues and cannot ride with me anymore. Sold the Goldwing and the Goldwing trike. Hated that trike. Bought a Kawasaki 900 Classic and really didn’t like the bike and just sold it. So it will only be me riding solo and no real touring.
Want some opinions about the F6b as far as any issues and are there any particular years that seem to have less issues.
Have found a 2015 F6b deluxe with 27k on it for $11000. Sorry I missed the one with 7k miles that just sold in the Classified Section. The bike I am looking at has no real extras. It is in good shape, new tires, and was maintained. What’s you feelings on this bike?
Thanks for reading. Be well and Ride Safely.
I'm 64 (nearly) and very happy with my 2016 deluxe. I think the centerstand of the deluxe is a must, nearly impossible to check the rear tire pressure without laying on your belly without a centerstand. Softer rear shock settings with more sag make it a lot harder to get on the centerstand by the way. And 60 series car tires seem to make it a little easier. Replace the stock rubber valve stems with rigid metal stems at the first tire change. They are safer and you can get rid of the plastic supports which don't work well anyway. My B has the most comfortable factory seat and the loudest factory horn of any bike I have ever owned. The headlights are better than any cage I've owned and the CC works as well or better than any vehicle I've ever owned. Love mine, do wish it was a little faster and louder though.