Camelback or similar - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camelback or similar

I just brought me a Moto-Jug
    Cause its the best I've seen
    And it has a great mounting system and Fluid pipe/hose

link: https://www.motojug.com/shop/p/stainlessstealmotojug

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    On this trip I’m taking it’s going to be the middle of the summer. Last year at the same time, I did a similar trip south. Did the BRP and the Skyline Drive in full. Anyway, it hit the upper 90’s on the way down, especially when I hit 81. When I got to my hotel in Front Royal, my vision was fading and I think I had a touch of heat stroke. What’s the general opinion out here on an item like this? What size also? They’re not expensive, but I don’t want to be bogged down like a backpack either. Thanks for any input.
    Might think about going w/ a simple camelback. BTW - a few years ago, got a late start on a long trip - later that day, got hit w/ 115 degrees going thru the desert. No relief even in the few rest areas. BOOM ! Heat Stroke - was a nauseating mess for 2 days. Food tasted like cardboard.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

I can stop a lot more on this trip. Last year I had a time schedule and a hotel reserved that first night. This time, I’m taking two days to get to Charlotte, and I’ll stop where I stop for the night. I’m planning on a lot more breaks. When I got to the hotel last year, my vision was shrinking and I felt nauseous too. Nearly 100 southern humid degrees.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous1 View Post
    Might think about going w/ a simple camelback. BTW - a few years ago, got a late start on a long trip - later that day, got hit w/ 115 degrees going thru the desert. No relief even in the few rest areas. BOOM ! Heat Stroke - was a nauseating mess for 2 days. Food tasted like cardboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I can stop a lot more on this trip. Last year I had a time schedule and a hotel reserved that first night. This time, I’m taking two days to get to Charlotte, and I’ll stop where I stop for the night. I’m planning on a lot more breaks. When I got to the hotel last year, my vision was shrinking and I felt nauseous too. Nearly 100 southern humid degrees.
    You gotta cool down your core temperature in your brain, that's for sure. Cold towel around the neck, wet down with cold water repeatedly helps keep you cool. Those main blood vessels in the sides of your neck are close to the skin and a perfect conduit for heat transfer via a very cold and wet towel.
    Last edited by willtill; 07-02-2021 at 08:35 PM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    You gotta cool down your core temperature in your brain, that's for sure. Cold towel around the neck, wet down with cold water repeatedly helps keep you cool. Those main blood vessels in the sides of your neck are close to the skin and a perfect conduit for heat transfer via a very cold and wet towel.
    Hope to not relive that….thanks Will
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.