I need help F6b or victory vision??????
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need help F6b or victory vision??????

I need help F6b or victory vision??????

Ok guys I know I'm posting in a f6b forum but I will be posting this Same question in a victory vision forum site. Ok here's the deal I presently ride a 2011 triumph rocket 3 roadster I love the bike & the raw power but I want a bike with power & bags & looks I narrowed my quest down to 2 bikes the f6b or the victory vision & I love both the thing love about the vision is when I sit on this bike I truly feel comfortable but sometimes I wonder is the styling to far out there some days I love it & then I ask is it to different. Now as far as the f6b I love the styling of this bike all I love to do is just stare at this bike while its parked. I love the fact that it has that reliable flat six but I really want a bike with some real growl to it I know I can get that wit the vision. Also my concern is that I don't feel as comfortable on the f6b as I do with the vision but I know I would have to add some type of pegs for the f6b. Don't really know which 1 to pick I haven't test rode none of the two. But I plan on doing it soon. Also I'm a about 6ft3in 245lbs. Ok guys I welcome all responses even the honda bias ones lol thanks

Water cooling, sportier looks and sportier handling made the F6B the choice for me.

Did u test ride both that's also a great point I like the water cooled I've never had a air cooled bike

Wellllllll.... on the F6B board..... no one will say get something else !!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I say, whatever floats your boat. Ride 'em both and go with your gut, then never look back. Just so happens that we like the F6B, but we like ALL motorcycles, some more than others. I have never ridden the Vision, but considered it once. There are a lot of Honda dealerships across the country, so support is good should you ever have a problem on the road. But hey, it's a Honda, you probably will never need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjohn6886 View Post
    Ok guys I know I'm posting in a f6b forum but I will be posting this Same question in a victory vision forum site. Ok here's the deal I presently ride a 2011 triumph rocket 3 roadster I love the bike & the raw power but I want a bike with power & bags & looks I narrowed my quest down to 2 bikes the f6b or the victory vision & I love both the thing love about the vision is when I sit on this bike I truly feel comfortable but sometimes I wonder is the styling to far out there some days I love it & then I ask is it to different. Now as far as the f6b I love the styling of this bike all I love to do is just stare at this bike while its parked. I love the fact that it has that reliable flat six but I really want a bike with some real growl to it I know I can get that wit the vision. Also my concern is that I don't feel as comfortable on the f6b as I do with the vision but I know I would have to add some type of pegs for the f6b. Don't really know which 1 to pick I haven't test rode none of the two. But I plan on doing it soon. Also I'm a about 6ft3in 245lbs. Ok guys I welcome all responses even the honda bias ones lol thanks
    We share approximately the same weight (240 lbs) and height (6'2"). Your Rocket III is similar in nature to my previous Honda VTX 1800C, Yamaha 1900 cc Stratoliner and Suzuki M-109 1800 cc. All were large powerful machines and great in their own way. None of them compare to the F6B in handling/performance. Ultra smooth linear power from a flat horizontally opposed six, IMHO, has no equal.

I penned the following after owning and riding my 6 for three months.! After eight months of owner-ship my opinion of the 6 hasn't changed!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...s-Into-The-F6B

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Do you need a trunk?

Bags on the Vision are a bit small, but it does have a trunk to provide greater amounts of storage, if that's something ya need.

I was interested in a Vision as well. Was hoping 2014 brought a re-style with slightly larger bags and at least one model that you could purchase w/o a trunk. (Why pay for one if it's gonna sit in the garage 99.5% of the time???) Didn't happen.

The F6B is about as 'seamless' as you can get on 2 wheels,,, Silky smooth, w/ a rock solid/established platform.

Water-cooling,,,I no longer feel like I'm straddling a wood stove.

Honda has a larger Dealer network. (Doesn't really matter,,,, it's a HONDA, you won't need repair parts anyway! LOL!)

I read up a bit on the Vics,,, As a result,,, I ride an F6B.

The F6B wasn't even a contender when I started my search, but,,, fate works in mysterious ways!!!!

Not everyone has the same luck / tastes / desires. Test 'em both!!!!

I almost bought a Cross Country Tour, but bought the F6B instead. Im a former HD guy, and I miss the vtwin feel. Im not getting rid of my F6B, but I soon will add some sort of HD or Victory to my garage. Out here Victorys are easy to demo, Hondas not so much.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Big John--

Welcome to our forum

No doubt, you can expect F6B praise here and you will see plenty of it. Considering a forum like this is usually where you also see all the shortcomings as well, you should notice the almost total lack of complaints. Maybe the Vision forum is similar and I don't know that, but you will.

I wanted to respond to your inquiry mainly because I'm a previous RIII owner as well. As you say, the Rocket had a fantastic engine. Mine had TORS, K&N's, and a tune. It was a monster! I would classify that bike as a power cruiser. Unfortunately, it didn't handle and that led to my selling it. By comparison, and in addition to dependability, the F6B has much more going for it. This bike, in stock form, has considerable usable power, great handling, and style and comfort to boot. I would classify the F6B as a power-cruiser-tourer. Just looking at the design, I feel confident in saying the Vision will seem quite top heavy compared to the F6B and that relates directly to handling. OTOH, maybe you love the feel and sound of a big V-twin and that's a personal choice that only you can make. Aside from that, I think we can make a very strong case for the F6B based on performance, price, looks, and comfort. Good luck with your choice!

You really need to ride them both!! I did test drive a Victory Vision nice bike really well balanced. My previous bike was a 1800c and the Vision handled better then the 1800, but the F6b is hands down smoother and handles better then the Vision(just my opinion). Plus I wanted to stay with liquid cooled and didn't want another V twin.