Popping after installing Torque Loopz

Thread: Popping after installing Torque Loopz

Popping after installing Torque Loopz

After having Torque Loopz installed on my F6B, I'm getting a distinct popping whenever I decelerate to change gears. Has anyone else experienced this, and even more importantly, does anyone have a suggestion for a remedy?

One or both sides? You have a exhaust gasket (s) that is not sealing completely. Did you use new exhaust seals?

The Loopz was installed at a dealership, but poor gasket sealing was my initial guess.

Fresh air leak somewhere in the exhaust system is first thing to look for if the deceleration popping is new.
    What type mufflers are you running, OEM?
    More open exhaust will have some deceleration popping that the OEM exhaust with the OEM CAT(Catalytic converter) will cover up.
    The Loopz install removed the CAT from the system thus allowing more exhaust notes to be heard, one being deceleration popping.

Do you blip the throttle when down shifting?
    Blipping throttle while down shifting may also cause deceleration popping. Blipping the throttle is not something you need to do on an EFI system(Electronic Fuel Injection)... When you blip you are telling the ECU(computer) you are speeding up and more fuel is injected, while really you are slowing down and don't need the excess fuel.
    I know most of us are used to blipping to match gear speeds on the down shift and to clear a carbureted system, but throttle blipping is NOT needed for EFI systems and the gear box on the F6B down shifts just fine without blipping.
    Being old school I had to break my now bad habit of blipping when I got my first EFI steel steed(VTX1800c) and later when building an aftermarket Fuel management system for the VTX1800 I encountered may issues related to blipping the throttle and when blipping was stopped many of the problems were resolved.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Concur with Larry's findings, have the Loopz and Twin Bros muffler system, doubled up on the gaskets, and no leaks.

However, when I come down from say 80-90 and slightly blip the throttle I can produce some popping notes .

I too learned that by staying away from the twist you solve the puzzle.

what is blipping the throttle?

Throttle Blipping is the term used to describe the rev-matching technique where the rider momentarily “blips” the throttle to increase engine rpm to better match the revs to the road speed when downshifting.

Google is your best friend if you want more info .

Blipping the throttle at idle is the only time is hear popping with torque loops and stock exhaust.
    I did notice, a thousand miles after the install , black soot at the splits on the front ends of the muffler inlet pipes.
    So I tightened the clamps a little more.
    ITS ALL GOOD