Passenger Backrest Question

Thread: Passenger Backrest Question

Passenger Backrest Question

Hi and Happy 4th of July to everyone. I have a 2013 Deluxe. Emailed Honda with the VIN and verified it is a Deluxe. Also when I gave my insurance company the VIN it came back as a GL1800BD.
    Just bought the bike and it only has 2277 miles. Has the center stand, self cancelling signals, heated grips, and passenger backrest. My question is when I look at the backrest there is no Honda information on it. Just a YSK with an oval circle around it under the metal base. First owner bought it new and said it came with the bike.
    Is this an OEM backrest? Thanks.

E0EDB7C8-5D18-4FA5-A284-14565FA63993.jpg

Yes, that is the same as on the backrest of my 2016 Deluxe.

Thanks for the reply. The bike also has a black luggage rack. I want to sell this backrest but don’t see any additional brackets that are mentioned in some of the posts. Are they removed when installing a luggage rack? Does Honda make a luggage rack for this model. If so, how do I tell if mine is OEM. Just don’t want to sell something and not know exactly what I am selling. Thanks again.

Went to the Honda Accessory website and it answered my questions. I do have a factory luggage rack and the brackets are there. Thanks again and Ride Safety.

Both the backrest and rack used a Honda bracket kit. Aftermarket racks needed the kit as well. If you keep the rack you'll need to keep the brackets, which will make the backrest difficult to sell as Honda doesn't make the kit anymore.

I have the OEM rack. I can post a picture later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
    You may be right. I've heard that the brackets and plastic inserts have been discontinued, but some may still be available. However, just because they're listed online doesn't necessarily mean they are actually in stock. It might be worth a call to be sure.